Micrpappillary

That’s great ! Not at scary as you think . I’m on day 7 but feeling really tired . Looking forward to the break at the weekend. Take care

1 Like

Hi Bella
Well that’s me 5 down . You must be fairly close to finishing by now. Hope you’re still finding it relatively problem free. I was told if there were any side effects (skin irritation?) I would likely not see anything until second week? I’ve had no swelling, redness or fatigue so far :crossed_fingers:

You’ll soon be ringing that bell :heart:

Hi jooliepie
That’s great . I have 4 left . I’ve found this week a bit of a struggle to be honest but more mentally . I think it’s a combination of the hormone treatment taking affect and the emotional catch up … I have 4 left to go ! My skin seems to be fine apart from being a bit red . My voice is a bit croaky as the radiotherapy treatment is close my throat to treat some of the lymph nodes . I had a review today and everything is fine and that’s to be expected… was told that the tiredness usually comes 2-3 weeks once treatment stops so not making any plans . You’ll soon be through this too and out the other side . Onwards and upwards :muscle:

Good to hear - next 4 will fly by. I’ve got the croaky voice too. In fairness the chemo had irritated my throat and lungs a little but I thought it was getting better, however last few days it’s gone a little dry again. Radiotherapist said it’s normal with supra clavicle (?) node irradiation- seems we’ve got the same plan which I guess is reassuring. Start my hormone blocker tomorrow - hope I’m one of those who tolerate it well :crossed_fingers:(I’m fairly confident most of the horror stories re side effects are just because those who are happily managing nicely with little to no inconvenience don’t post on forums!)

Hi Bella
Been counting the days…Congratulations on finishing radiotherapy :tada:
Hope you got to ring the bell!
Let me know how you’re getting on. I’m on day 9 today. So far so good - a little itchy and ‘firm’ but otherwise all ok.
Julie

Hi Julie
Thanks for remembering that I had my last radiotherapy. I did ring the bell and felt very emotional and relieved ! I hope you’re doing ok , it will eventually pass. My skin is ok got a bit redder and uncomfortable but got some cream from the radiographers . I was looking forward to celebrating but have been in bed with a horrible virus . Not sure if it’s Covid or a flu . Hoping it will pass quickly… Let me know how you are getting on . Best wishes

1 Like

Hi Bella, Well finished radiotherapy yesterday.:tada: A bit weird walking out of the hospital Macmillan suite knowing I (hopefully!) I won’t be back.
Anyway managing ok. Pink and itchy around the collar bone/top of chest and sore under arm. Moisturising and drinking water like mad. Hope your virus has cleared and you should be well on the path to recovery by now. Been on Letrozole two weeks now and no side effects noticed - which is a relief!
Stay in touch and let me know how you are getting on.

Hi Julie
That’s great . Well done :clap: it’s such a relief when it’s over . Did you ring the bell ? I’m still not a 100 % Went to Gp and now have antibiotics for a chest infection. Not prone to chest infections at all . Think it maybe a combination of being run down and the radiotherapy treatment. Starting to feel a bit better now. Just sick of being ill . Not been much of a holiday for my kids although they manage to keep themselves entertained. That’s good you are tolerating the medication . Hopefully you won’t have any issues . Do you have any plans now your treatment is finished ? How are you feeling about everything ? Hope the better weather keeps up and you get to enjoy a better summer . Take care