miltex for skin mets? triple negative bc

Hi there,
Please could anyone tell me if they’ve used a topical solution called ‘Miltex’ from Germany? My friend has recently been diagnosed with mets to the skin around mastectomy line and is triple negative. I read on an American site about the usefulness of miltex and wondrerd if it was liscensed in the uk?
thanks in advance,
Paula xxx

bumping this up x

Sorry Paula, I’ve not come across it but maybe someone else has (it could be called something else even if it is available here). Do you know who makes it? xx

Paula,

Just googled it and found this:

asco.org/ascov2/Meetings/Abstracts?&vmview=abst_detail_view&confID=30&abstractID=10792

Miltex is an abbreviation of 6% miltefosine solution which is used as a topical treatment of skin mets. Seems to be saying in can be used “alone or in combination with necessary systemic therapy” which I guess is chemo?

Digging a bit further, it doesn’t seem to be licensed for use in the UK:

ukmi.nhs.uk/applications/ndo/record_view_open.asp?newDrugID=2877

Suggesting that licence for topical “preparation” was filed in UK in 2001 and something about R%D 2007. Company making it is “Asta Medica.”

It might be worth asking an oncologist where they are with launching it in the UK? x

Here is more about the German licensing company which might help an onc to get hold of it if it is now licenced here…

who.int/tdrold/publications/tdrnews/news68/miltefosine-zentaris.htm

Thanks Mary Grace,

I haven’t been able to find out much about it. I read about it on an American site. Ladies were having it sent to Mexico, then crossing the border to collect it themselves. Apparently makes the mets dry up and drop off!

Paula xx

ukmi.nhs.uk/applications/ndo/record_view_open.asp?newDrugID=2877 (Asta Medica sold its oncology business to Baxter)

It’s an oncology product by Baxter and not licenced in the UK (topical chemo) called
Miltefosine/
MILTEX
available in:
Germany, France, Greece, Italy, Sweden, Armenia, Bulgaria, Czech Rep., Estonia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldawia, Romania, Russia, Slowakia, Ukraine, Argentina, Brazil, Guatemala, Indonesia, Thailand
Hope this helps. x

Whilst I couldn’t possibly recommend doing so, you can buy it online and have it shipped here.

German online pharmacies will only sell this with prescription, the price for 5x10mls cream is near a 1000 Euros. Baxter’s product code is: Baxter Oncology PZN: 4609531

Bumping for linda :slight_smile: x