Missing thread July chemo starters

Hi am I missing something but I cannot find a thread for July 2024 chemo starters ?

1 Like

I don’t think a July 2024 chemo thread has been started yet for July 2024 chemo starters, do feel free to start one for July 2024 Chemo Starters :heart: do read previous chemo threads they will help and do ask away in your thread when you start one, everyone will share tips and tricks of getting through chemo :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Thanks I thoughts admin / nurses created them I will wait and see
Thanks I have been looking on the others for tips info etc

2 Likes

Get you teeth checked at your dentist before starting chemo, tell them you are starting chemo they will get you in. Get a thermometer to keep track of your temperature during chemo. Get your wig voucher from your trust and also check out pre loved wigs in your trusts Macmillan which you can purchase for a donation. Also book on the look good feel better at your Macmillan too and ask about any complementary therapies, massage etc that you are entitled to :heart: when you start chemo if your antisickness meds don’t work ring your rapid response number your team will give you and they will tweak your meds, don’t battle through thinking this is chemo :heart: get some senokot, anosol too the steroids you’ll be on can give you botty block, it’s happened to lots of us over the years :flushed:sorry if tmi, but best to be prepared :heart: hope that helps a bit. I also wore dark nail varnish to preserve my nails which it did and was a tip that was passed onto me. :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

1 Like

Hi lilo1973 when is your 1st session. Im starting chemo 5th July so ill be posting on that thread. Like shi suggested it may be useful to read June’s. We will get through this and will all support each other. Take care lovely :heart:

2 Likes

@Bernard_BCN please can a July chemo starters thread be started up ?

3 Likes

Hi @Jill1998 I was just about to start one :slight_smile:

Here it is: July 2024 chemo starters - Going through breast cancer treatment / Chemotherapy monthly threads - Breast Cancer Now forum

4 Likes

Thanks Bernard !

1 Like

Start chemo 02/07 seeing oncology tomorrow for 1st bloods steroids etc

2 Likes

Hi @lilo1973

We now have a thread for July 2024 chemo starters: July 2024 chemo starters - Going through breast cancer treatment / Chemotherapy monthly threads - Breast Cancer Now forum.

Sending our warmest,
Lucy

2 Likes

Thanks posted already

1 Like