mistletoe/perriwinkle

mistletoe/perriwinkle

mistletoe/perriwinkle Hi
has anyone tried taking the liquid form of mistletoe + perriwinkle, is it ok to take while on tamoxifen? do these alternative medicines do any any good?
be grateful for replies if anyone has any knowledge. thanks

Mistletoe is used in Europe to boost the immune system. You need to talk to a good herbalist - someone who has trained properly in the use of herbs. Don’t just rely on anecdotal evidence.

Periwinkle - Madagascar Periwinkle [which is a Vinca] is the plant that is used to produce Vinolrebine (Navelbine). The Vincas are dangerous and should be treated with extreme caution.

I have taken Iscador (Mistletoe) in liquid form for 3 years. I am prescribed it from the London Homeopathic Hospital in London. I see Sosie Kassab who is fabulous and prescribes different homeopathic remedies depending on how I am feeling when I see her.

Joanx

Hello bakers

This is my post to linros in June. I habe not taken periwinkle, but if taking doses other than homeopathic strengths, would see a medical herbalist.

I am HER2 ++ and started injecting Iscador a few months after diagnosis early in 2003. Recently I gave it a rest but will take it up again in a month or so. There is certain evidence that it offers a 40% improvement in survival, although it has to be said that there are no trials done to current standards. I understand that cancer patients in France and Germany are often offered this adjunct to their conventional treatment. (Which might explain the better survival rates in those countries.)

There is a book called Iscador: Mistletoe in Cancer Therapy by Christine Murphy, avaliable from Amazon.co.uk, and which you may find useful, if not expertly written.

You might want to read also, "Differential effects of Viscum album extract IscadorQu on cell cycle progression and apoptosis in cancer cells by MARJAN HARMSMA1,2, MONIQUE GROMMÔ°2, MONIQUE UMMELEN1,2, WENDY DIGNEF2,KAREL JAN TUSENIUS3and FRANS C.S. RAMAEKERS.

This paper was published in INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ONCOLOGY 25: 1521-1529, 2004.

It is hard going, but go to the summary for the results, which show that there is an effect . If this is difficult to understand, perhaps your oncologist will explain, or your GP.

Apoptosis is cell death, and a very desirable outcome!.

If you do decide to go ahead, then ask your GP to refer you to one of the NHS Homeopathic Hospitals, of which there are 5 in the UK. (I went to London and saw the same doctor as JoanC.) The determination of the exact dose required needs an expert., but once done, your GP can prescribe.

The referral is at no cost to your GPs practice, or you, and you have every right to a consultation. Iscador is easy to inject, and you are taught how before you are prescribed. Injection is reckoned to be the best method of taking Iscador so it may be worth gritting your teeth if you have qualms.

I do wish you very good fortune, and hope it works for you. Do not let others deter you. If they try to do so, insist. If you have any more questions, do contact me. And yes, there are side effects, but from what I have read and heard about other treatments, they are very minor indeed. The occasional highish temperature, or very slight head-ache, is all. Far less than chemo or RT, although I have experienced neither,

Best wishes to you.