More surgery :(

Had  a lumpectomy and 2 nodes removed on 23rd Oct for invasive ductal.  Went back to see surgeons this week and the good news is that the nodes were clear…whoo hoo!! However they found a dcis in the margin, so it’s back in for a further ‘scraping’ on weds.  So bit of a rollercoaster, am delighted about the clear nodes but devastated about having further surgery.  I’ve just got back to normal, kids back a school, back in some form of normality, if there can ever such a thing again!!  Have tried to remain as positive as possible since the start of this horrible journey, but am feeling incredibly low now and crying at the simplest and stupidest things. :frowning:

Hi Joanne I’m on the same boat. Back in tues for a cavity shave. Could have cried when surgeon told me. I’ve been going round saying I HAD cancer but it’s gone now. Turns out I still have cancer. Very hard to start all over again when I’m doing so well healing and with physio. Anyway this time next week it’ll be gone and we will be a step closer to recovery. Chin up eh??? Xxx

Dear Joanne
I am sorry to read that you are feeling so low, our helpliners are on hand with emotional and practical support for you so please feel free to call on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and 10-2 today

Here’s a link to further support which you may wish to access too:

breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=younger_women

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi All,

I’m also due back in for a further ‘scoop’ on the 19th of November.  Strangely, I don’t feel too bad about it.  I’d rather they got it all asap.

I am terrified about what the future holds for me though.  I keep getting told not to think too far ahead, but that’s very hard for me to do at the moment.  I’ve just signed up for hypnotherapy at one of the Breast Cancer Haven Centres, in the hope that it can help me manage these fears better.

My very best wishes to you both with your further surgery. 

We will beat this!  :smileyhappy: