Mousse/gel suitable for wigs?

Anyone know if there is a ‘normal’ brand of hair mousse or gel that is okay to use with the synthetic wigs? The wig-specific stuff seems very very expensive…
cheers
Rosie

The wig fitters I went to said it was OK to use one of the gel sprays on the market. I bought Boots Body Works which was ultra cheap and held the style in place really well. I was told not to use hairspray on the wig, so the gel spray was ideal.

I use washing up liquid just a bit in a bowl add wig shake and leave on shower head to dry. My best wig is 5 years old and still going strong.
Love Debsxxx

Thanks for the tips ladies, have also had confirmed that water based products are okay, its the sprays etc that are solvent-based that are the no-=no’s for styling prods.
cheers
Rosie

Hi,

The synthetic wigs are also available in readymade and in different styles, lengths and even colours. There are even sticky pads that are available, this would also help the cancer wig from slipping. The only drawback about the chemotherapy wigs are that they would not sustain the heat that is directly falling on to it. If this happens the hair would look fizzy as the fibbers would melt due to the excess heat.

People who are undergoing continuous treatment after having been successfully treated also use cancer patient wigs. This is because even when the disease is under control, hair loss that has already occurred, takes a longer period to grow back. For the duration of this interim recuperation period, most people prefer to wear cancer patient wigs. Individuals who presume work and daily chores prefer them as it helps them fit in without having to continuously reply to curious onlookers about their condition.