MRI appointment is drawing near

Extremely nervous about my up coming MRI. I have dilated ducts in one breast & have a bloody discharge from one duct in the other. The later symptom is was started my testing cycle. Neither of my two U/S or my mammogram showed any mass. due to having dense breast, I am having the MRI on Wed 4.2! I’m growing more anxious as the day draws closer! I believe it’s there’s maligancy, it’ll be found on the MRI. I go for my results on Mon. 4/7. Asking for prayers / good wishes!

Please & ty!

Hi scaredyetcalm,

Welcome to the breast cancer care forums, it sounds like you’re having a pretty worrying time at the moment.  I’m sure some of the other users will be along soon to offer you their support.

In the meantime if you need to talk things through do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your fears and concerns with a memeber of staff who will offer you emotional support as well as practical information.  Lines are open today from 10 to 2pm and weekdays 9 to 5pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Ty for your reply! & my apologies for all my typos! I’m just a basket case right now & will be until the unknown is found! I will call the hot line on Monday!
Thanks again!

so today was my MRI appointment!! Thanks to the medication, my BS gave me, the procedure was not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be!! Here’s the thing … my appointment was at 10:30 & things got started around 11 am. By 3:30 my breast surgeons office had already received the results. She does not give results over the phone! & I cannot go in tomorrow because on Tuesday’s & Thursday’s are only for surgical procedures! So Friday is the earliest I can be seen! I’m grateful that I’ll know prior to the weekend.
I was originally scheduled to get my results on Monday! But I am really scared about these results!!! How could my results be done so quickly? Was the results so obviously bad or good that it required little analysis? I could really use some words of encouragement … please and thank you!!

Really not sure why my post goes mostly unnoticed! As everyone, I’m feeling afraid of my results appointment on to tomorrow but mostly I feel unsupported! Sigh!! :frowning:

Hi really sorry your post has been missed…well done for getting through the MRI its not pleasant…I got quite scared towards the end of mine! I hope your results are good today but remember whatever they are they can be used to make sure you the right treatment for you…best wishes and hugs , let me know how you get on xxx

Hi scaredbutcalm  

i just wanted to wish you Good luck today with your results. 

I really hope rhey are the results we all want them to be and you’re okay 

im sending positive thoughts your way. Please let us know how you get on 

Mxxx

Had my MRI … There was enhancement of a 6 mm nodule! BIRADS 4 & biopsy was recommended!!!
The report said differential diagnosis papilloma. My BS also believes it to be a papilloma! I had my core biopsy, (vacuum/ ultrasound guided), on yesterday! My results apt is Monday the 21st. Prayers & or well wishes for b9 results are greatly appreciated!!!

Celtick … my results came back b-9!!! My nodule turned out to be “Apocrine Metaplasia”!! I have my follow up on July 23rd. Ty so much for checking in!!!

I’m sorry ladies!! I didn’t realize I’d received other responses!! Ty to all for being so generous when you are all traveling through your own journey!
& Rose38, I am praying for you! So glad to know the Ilc wasn’t found in both breast!
Warm hugs & positive vibes to ALL!!!