Mri Breast

I went to my GP with a breast lump,I’m 52 years old.I was referred to breast clinic.I attended March 18th had mammogram and ultrasound.This resulted in breast biopsies and lymphnode in my armpit biopsies.The consultant said he was worried it was a small cancer.The radiologist said that if the results come back positive then she would request a MRI.Well I received a letter today for an ultrasound for my lymphnodes that was sent by GP.I explained I had already had an ultrasound, the radiographer then said I can see there is a MRI referral too and actually named the breast consultant.He started backtracking when I asked about the MRI and said to wait for the breast clinic to contact me.I haven’t had my biopsy results yet but I’m assuming they are showing cancer as this is why the MRI has been requested.

1 Like

Hi , Im
sorry you’ve not had a reply so far , are you any further forward with finding out what’s happening ?

Hi there I was recalled to the breast clinic on 21st March after a routine mammogram (I am 56) I was advised they had seen something different in my right breast, I had 2 biopsies, a 3d mammogram and an ultrasound. Have also been referred for a full body MRI and advised to “prepare for it being cancer” . I have an appointment on the 9th April - delayed due to the BH. I cant offer much other than support here given we have the same timing and as like you I am unclear and have to wait until my results are discussed by a multi disciplinary team and I meet the consultant.

1 Like

Will find out tomorrow Jill xx

1 Like

Good luck Molly :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

@molly3 good luck today xx

Thank you - i Have been diagnosed with ILC type cancer and require surgery and poss radiotherapy. Awaiting further results of the MRI to check other breast. Feel at least relieved now that I know where I stand and what the path ahead looks like

I wish you strength and love