MRI callback

Hi everyone,
I haven’t been on here for about 8 months. Back then I had LCIS and an excision biopsy to remove it. All was ok following the surgery. Now, after a routine MRI screening, I have a callback because now on the other breast (which was fine before) and area of 1cm has shown up. I can’t believe it. How can this happen so quickly when my breast were so thoroughly checked at the start of the year? I now have to go for ultrasound and core biopsy next week. Can’t believe this is now happening again but on the other side. I feel sick with worry.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear, but it still may not be suspicious! Better be safe than sorry. Good luck.

1 Like

I was called back after a breast MRI for a lump in my other breast, after the biopsy it turned out to be a fibroadenoma. Apparently, they also can show/light up as ‘suspicious’ on a breast MRI. I wish you all the best and hope you can remain calm until you have the results X

1 Like

Hello lucyfr1,

Thanks for posting. It’s understandable you feel sick with worry following your MRI callback.

You explain being diagnosed with lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) around 8 months ago, had an excisional biopsy and both breasts and were thoroughly checked at the time.

As you feel so worried it might help to call us and talk this through. We are here tomorrow morning (Saturday 26th) . The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and suggest ways to help with your worry. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

Some changes can develop between imaging appointments or may not have been of a size where it could have been seen. As @tappin and @Jess_1 say it may not be anything to be concerned about such as another benign (not cancer) change. It’s difficult to go through it all again, especially so soon as you say.

Hopefully your appointment is earlier on in the week, and you don’t have a long wait for your results.

As I say you are very welcome to call us tomorrow.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. We are closed on Monday the 28th August for the bank holiday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

1 Like