Muscle aches and tamoxifen

Hi, I started tamoxifen a week ago and my legs have been really aching over the last couple days is this a side effect of taking tamoxifen ?? Also trying to stop myself imagining this aching is cancer returning :cry:

This was a big side effect for me and unlikely to be a sign of cancer returning. I suggest you have a chat with the chemo team because they can possibly help prescribe something to ease the discomfort. It’s a good idea to make them aware. Good luck. It’s not much fun, but it will pass. Small consolation right now I realise, but I hope this reassures you. x

Hello @lizn2

As with any new drug we take, getting used to it can take sometime and I would expect the professional advice will be to wait a bit longer and see what happens

Since my diagnosis 5 years ago I have adopted a habit of noting down any niggles or health concerns I have (I use the journal app on my phone). This has two effects: the act of noting helps to move it down the priority list in my head and secondly if the niggle doesn’t subside I’ve got a note to enable me to have a more meaningful conversation with the doctor (or whoever). If it doesn’t improve or change after 3 weeks then I make the appointment

Personally I would give it a little more time before seeking further advice

I hope things improve for you

AM xxx