My daughter's milestone.Great North Run

Tomorrow my daughter will be running in the Great North Run.Three years ago she was diagnosed with her2+ at the age of 39 with a nine month old son.After sixteen months of treatment she never expected to return to feeling as fit as she use to.
With such determination she has trained for the last nine months and no matter how long it takes her tomorrow although I know she secretly would love a decent time ,in my eyes she is already a winner.
Her three year old son also ran in the mini race this morning and never stopped till the finish line.She was so delighted.
Tomorrow with the support of her amazing work colleagues they will all run for Breast Cancer Now.
To all you lovely brave ladies on this forum navigating through a breast cancer diagnosis and sometimes relentless treatment don’t ever give up,there is always hope

44 Likes

Blondegirl :heart: we will all be virtually cheering them on :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

4 Likes

@blondegirl ,what a lovely message, thank you​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: your Daughter is one amazing lady,gd luck to her.She has fought the hardest battle she will so should be so proud of her time no matter what that is​:heart::heart: xx

4 Likes

@blondegirl Thank you for sharing this gives hope to many with HER2+ diagnosis like myself, with my final Herceptin next week, after nearly 16 months of treatment. I’m 55 but was fit and healthy before and hoping to get back to some normalcy soon.

Well done to her, please share my best wishes for her run tomorrow, I will be virtually cheering her and her colleagues on. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@naughty_boob I’m sure you will be so relieved to finally come to the end of your treatment and start to feel fit and healthy again

2 Likes

@blondegirl - what an amazing daughter and grandson you have and such a deserving cause to support.

xx

4 Likes

@nannabee Thank you so much for your kind words.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this lovely message with us.
I was watching the Great North Run on BBC1 earlier, and trying to spot Breast Cancer Now runners!
I hope your daughter had a lovely time. Please tell her we are very proud of her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you all for your kind words it means so much.This forum really is the best!xx

4 Likes

How brilliant !! Inspired me to rejoin the gym x

3 Likes

I too ran for Breast Cancer Now. I was diagnosed 18 years ago and had the full monty of treatment. This was my 15 Great North Run, 10 I have run for Breast Cancer Now and formally Breast Cancer Care. Very well done to your daughter @blondegirl it was tough conditions out there today.

7 Likes

@klf That’s great! Good luck

4 Likes

@edp That’s amazing and very inspirational.Well done as yes the weather was pretty atrocious but it didn’t seem to dampen anyone’s spirit

4 Likes

blondiegirl,

well done to your wonderful daughter, for getting this far, after all her treatment ALSO I think her mum deserves a round of applause for being so supportive.

Health and happiness going forward to your daughter

With love Tili xxx

5 Likes

Edp :heart: well done too for completing run today :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes

Amazing and hopefully your daughter will have an fabulous time
Thanks for sharing and for raising awareness and funds

Best wishes x

3 Likes

@Tili Thank you x

2 Likes

Amazing to hear this. Thank your for sharing and please tell your daughter a massive well done!

2 Likes

Good luck to your amazing daughter! This message really made me smile - hope she enjoys the race and you enjoy the moment too x

2 Likes

Wow! This is an amazing achievement for your daughter you must be so proud of her as i hope she is herself too :purple_heart: i was also dianosed at the age of 39 just over a year ago . Still have alot of treatment ongoing but i hope one day to be able to reach an amazing fitness level like your daughter :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: x

3 Likes