my mum was diagnosed yesterday : (

I just dont know what to do. She hasnt told me anything until she was diagnoses yesterday. She said she has had a lump for about 5 weeks and had a biopsy done and got the results yesterday. She has to have an MRI scan to see if its spread and will then be having surgery to have the lump removed and the main lymph node under her armpit. She will then need a minimum of 3 weeks radiotherapy. I’m just in so much shock and completely devastated. Don’t know how to cope with it and so scared of losing her.

Dear talielli

Welcome to the forum, although I’m sorry you find yourself here.   I’m sure other members will soon be along to offer you some support.

You could also contact our helpline to talk things over.  They will be able to offer you practical information as well as emotional support.  They will be open till 5.00pm today.  (Opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays)  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi

So sorry to hear your news. I know it is a very difficult time for you and your mum. I think you need to be there for her to help and support her. Nobody can tell you the outcome but breast cancer is very treatable.

I had a lumpectomy and senitel node biopsy on 29/1/2014 and am waiting to see oncologist before I start 3 weeks of radiotherapy. I was in hospital just for the day I had lots of support from friends and family, which is the best medicine you can have. You have now come on the forum and you will gets lots of support and advice from everyone. 

Take care of yourself and your mum and I hope it all goes well for her.

Angie

Hello Talielli

I am so sorry to hear of your mum’s diagnosis, and can imagine how devestated and scared you are feeling, and am sure your mum is too.  I had a mastectomy, 6 chemos and am now on herceptin.  I have met many people on my journey, and once your mum starts treatment, it is not so terrible as you are probably imagining at the moment, which is understandable. My advice is stay positive, and enjoy the love and support from family and friends.  There are also some good things which come out of this terrible diagnosis!  Stay positive and strong for each other. Please feel free to ask me any questions at all you may have! xx

Hi how is your mum now? My mum has just been diagnosed x