Neck Pain - Should I worry?

Sammyh,how did you get on with xray? I have similar sounding symptoms but don,t want to go to GP as it,s a locum.I have been thinking up different excuses what it could be and I still think it,s muscular.The pain never goes away entirely but sometimes it is worse than previous.

Take care
Annxx

Hi Ann and everyone (espec Renee - other thread)- want to thank you all.
I have shoulder pain that has been there for at least 3 weeks. It is very focused in one spot and increasingly keeps me up through the night. Been taking co-codamol and ibuprofen at night to manage but only ibuprofen during the day because I manage to distract myself with different things (mainly wandering around shops trying to remember what I went in for - today I went into Boots for more co-codamol and came out with £80 worth of skin care and make up - no co-codamol!).
Reading this thread has helped me enormously (plus your other comments Renee) because it has given me the kick up the bum I need to get this checked out.
I was diagnosed with a recurrence of bc (orig 12 years ago) in June and told in July it had mutated from grade 1 to grade 3. I’m in the middle of chemo and have just been avoiding the issue.
Will talk to my bcn tomorrow…
thanks again everyone
monica xx

Hi Monica, Good decision. Let us know how you get on. Hopefully it will be nothing sinister and perhaps your BCN will be able to suggest what to do next. As for the shopping trip to Boots…I hope you used your “advantage card” !..Love Val XX

Hello
saw the bcn today, she checked me over and has referred me for a bone scan. ho hum - I knew she would but I just don’t want to go there!
xx

hi Monica,
did she say how long you are likely to be waiting? I do hope that you get goods news, have you had a bone scan with this diagnosis at all before?

Hi Anna, no info re timescale - she is doing urgent referral and says as soon as its done to ring her so that she can chase up the results. I haven’t had bone scan since this diagnosis, staging was MRI and CT Scan (lungs/abdomen. Wish it was done and dusted. Shoulder worse tonight, going to take some painkillers and go to bed!
thanks for your support xx

Hi, she seems keen and on the ball, hopefully its more of a precautionary thing with not having one done yet this time. I really hope it turns out well for you, i think its only natural to still worry though. I had terrible rib pain on diagnosis and my bone scan was clear. I believe the bone scans can detect things at cell level too, so fingers crossed it gives your bones a clean bill of health. My friend has just had shoulder problems, wear and tear, totally unrelated to cancer. positive thoughts coming your way,
take care
annaxx

Hi Daisyleaf,
I hope your scan goes well. My origional BC 13 years ago was a grade 3 and I have had many clean scans. Will be thinking of you.
Take care!! Lissabear