Need help! Where do I get a biopsy?

Dear Friends,

I don’t live in the UK but I used to. I have swelling and pain in my left breast under my areola. It’s been going on for nearly a month, it hasn’t gotten worse but I’m still worried. I live in Switzerland and have had MRI, numerous ultrasounds and mammogram. I know that biopsies are the only way to rule out IBC but getting one in Switzerland if nothing shows up on scans is a nightmare.

I am desperate for help. I need to be able to go somewhere, a Breast Clinic knowledgeable in IBC where I can get a biopsy done. I don’t mind paying for it or travelling to the UK but I have no idea WHERE to go nor whom to speak to.
Could anyone send me some addresses in a private message?!
Many thanks,
Alicki

Hi Alicki

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site who have a wealth of knowledge and experience between them.

Breast Cancer Care offer a helpline telephone service which you are most welcome to use, unfortunately outside the UK it isn’t free but here’s the number (+44) 2076 200 077. The helpline are open UK time Monday to Friday 9am -5pm and Saturday 10am - 2pm. There’s also our Ask the Nurse email service if you would prefer to use that breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/ask-us-your-questions/ask-nurse

I hope this helps. Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hello,

Great. This is a good start. I will call them in the morning. Ask the nurse is for UK residents only.
I live in a country with one of the best but the most conservative procedures in the world!
Anyways, will keep seeking answers!
Alicki

I got this sorted. Emailed someone and incredibly he responded straight away, so it looks like I will be flying to the UK.

Thanks for your support, now time for answers!
Alicki