needle test 'indeterminate' - got to go back

So I got my call this morning and the nurse said that the results aren’t clear but they’re not bad either, they’re indeterminate. So I’ll be getting a letter with an appointment to go back next week and she said if the lump’s still there they’ll decide what to do about it.
It will still be there, it’s been there since November and it’s still there now, so I’ll be begging them to cut the damn thing out so whether it’s bad or not I won’t have to think about it day and night like I am at the moment…
Hubby’s trying to be supportive and positive but saying all the wrong things, bless him. Don’t know what I’d do without this forum to keep me sane!
Hoping it’s a good news day for someone else today xx

Bless you, it’s so frustrating, you haven’t had terrible news though, so stay strong and positive ( says me who’s absolutely crapping myself) this waiting game is horrendous, if only they could do everything all in one day!
put your feet up, relax and let hubby look after u for a while!
take care
suz xxx

Poor you :frowning: It’s like mental torture isn’t it? Fingers crossed that they will get to the bottom of it next week for you and your mind can focus on something that isnt lump related. My husband was the same, all upbeat - kept telling me about various women at work, or colleagues wives who had been through the same thing and I had to smile sweetly at him the whole time because I knew he was trying to be supportive but failing miserably ( good job we love them). I am so grateful that we have this place to come to where people ’ get it’. Here’s hoping you get the little sucker nailed and sorted soon ( the lump that is…not the hubby :wink: ). take care.

Thanks guys - I’m sick of hearing ‘if it was bad they’ll have done something by now’ and ‘I’m sure it’s just a cyst’ - not just from hubby, from my family too.
It’s like it belittles my fears if you know what I mean…? Of course, I don’t want to hear ‘ooh it must be BC, how awful’ but I’d just like to be made to feel that my worries are valid and I’m not just being silly…

Hi Cath
Of course your worries are valid. It’s not silly to worry about our health, and when you find a lump - how can you feel anything but worried. I too kept being told I would be ok, it’s probably nothing, blimey, I even told myself that!!
Sending you big hugs and hoping for a good outcome.
Poemsgalore xx

Thanks Poemsgalore, your words mean a lot…
I’ve got my next appointment through now, for weds afternoon. I really hope they decide to take the lump out, I felt it this morning and am sure it’s growing…

I feel the same if its any consolation. I went to breast clinic weds and am having an op on Monday. Family members keep saying things thinking they are being helpful but it is getting very frustrating. I went for my pre op app yest to be told I’m having a lump removed (news to me) so I’m worried as to just what is going on. I hope everything works out well for you and just wanted to let you know you aren’t alone - hugs - kerry xx

• thanks Kerry, good luck for monday! x

Cath and Kerry
Good luck to both of you for your surgery this coming week. Just to reassure you both, I had a Grade 3, 3cm lump, that’s the fastest growing. I waited from the end of October until the beginning of December for surgery (I had Mx) and lump hadn’t really grown as much as I thought it had. Lumps will be removed if they are a fair size, even if they aren’t cancerous. So hope your surgery, although necessary, isn’t as sinister as it seems to be. If it does prove to be bad news, this is the right place to be for support etc. Please remember though, waiting for any treatment is horrible as we want to feel we are doing something and waiting is a sort of ‘nothing’ time. Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

Sending big hugs to you both.
Poemsgalore xxx

Hi Cath, will be thinking of you tomorrow, will have fingers and toes crossed for you! Big hugs Hun! Let us know when you’re back! :slight_smile: xx

Thanks Suz - appointment’s in 4 hours 51 mins (not that I’m counting!) and I’m getting very nervous now…
Will update as soon as I can x

My fiance had a needle test 3 weeks ago after an inconclusive mammogram,which was a huge shock to us both as we went to the appointment not realising she was to have a needle test…all over in an hour,and she has healed well with nominal bruising,this is also “inconclusive”…today she has just been contacted at work to be called in thursday for a “larger” ? biopsy,she is of a nervous nature before all this 55yrs old no children…i have joined for advice on how to support her,she has also lost both parents within a year of each other just a year ago,i myself am in for a scan for tetiscular cancer april2nd…i know this is going to be rough emotionally , any advice is very welcome,Thank you.(we have a funeral tomorrow of a friend who passed last week after a short battle with cancer 58yrs old)

Dear Simon

Welcome to the BCC forums, it sounds as though you are both having a tough time at the moment. In addition to the support you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpiners to talk through your concerns on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays and you are both welcome to call for further support.

Take care

Lucy