new and worried!

Hi everyone
Just looking for a bit of reassurance and advice!
Last Wednesday my left breast felt sore and after investigating I felt a very large sore lump. I went to GP last Friday who said it was about the size of a small satsuma but unlikely to be anything serious because it is so big and sore. She said she would refer me and told me to take ibuprofen. Its now a week later and I’ve not heard yet from the referral (how long does it usually take?). The soreness has gone and I think the lump is slightly smaller (I guess because the ibuprofen has taken the inflamation away).
I’m just finding it hard to wait for the referral, my mind keeps going over and over all the possibilities! I have to go back to my GP on Friday but I was hoping I would have been seen at the breast unit before then.
Well, thanks for listening, I feel better now I’ve off loaded :0)

Dear comenius,

I am sure some of the other forum members will soon be along to offer you support.

You can also give our free helpline a call for information and support. They are open 9.00am- 5.00pm on weekdays and 9.00am-2.00pm on Saturdays.

Very best wishes

Janet
BCC Facilitator

Hi
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your breast, but you have taken the first step, as to how long it will take to get seen, well that depends on each breast unit,if you are going back to your GP on Friday, perhaps your doctor could give you a guideline with regards to the time scale
Good Luck
Sandra

Thanks for your replies.
I should have asked my doctor when I saw her how long the referral would take, but I just wasn’t thinking straight!
I’ve been taking ibuprofen for a week now and am going to stop tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what happens.
Fingers crossed my appointment comes through the post tomorrow!