New cording

Hi I had bi lateral mastectomies in November 2021 and axillary clearance both sides. I had some cording in the left armpit which went away after a few weeks. Recently I have noticed a tight pulling feeling whick I assume is cording again running from my left armpit inside my arm towards my elbow. I can feel it if I stretch my arm outwards. Do I need to get thus checked? I don’t have any swelling and am taking tamoxifen.

Hi GW1969

Thanks for posting.

It sounds as though you are having a difficult time at the moment with the pulling sensation under your left arm No one is sure what causes cording, but it can cause pain and restrict arm movement. Cording may occur more than once and usually improves with physiotherapy and exercise. However as this is a recent change, which you have noticed, we would always suggest that you discuss it with your GP or treatment team who will be able to advise you on treatment.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Julie

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.