Hi,
Not the news I thought I’d be sharing but today, I found out I have breast cancer. I am 29, and they have advised it is grade 2. They can’t tell me the stage yet but they suggest stage 1, as it hasn’t spread to my lymph nodes. However, they have said I am ER negative (still waiting on HER2).
I genuinely thought I’d go in today, be told it’s cancer and it’ll just be surgery. I have to have 3 rounds of chemo, surgery, another 3 rounds of chemo, radiotherapy and also immunisation therapy.
They have suggested that I freeze my eggs if I have any thoughts on wanting children in the future.
They have also suggested I do the gene testing.
I’m in utter shock and whilst I know my tumor is small and curable, I did not think I’d be going through this at my age.
4 Likes
Hi @worriedwoman12 I’m so sorry you find yourself here. I was diagnosed last year aged 39 and that felt bad enough. That said I am so glad you found your lump! It was there regardless of what else was happening in your life, and as negative as that is, finding it means you can be treated! You are already winning now
You (we) have age on our side though. The treatments are tough but they can be managable. My mum was diagnosed aged 50, 9 years ago (she is fit and healthy and perfect now) The last few rounds she could barely eat or move. She was extremely fed up. So when we found out it was my turn she was worried. However ive had a much easier time. So for you to be 10 years younger, as absolute sh*t as that is, you’ve got this 
The key for most of us is keeping our strength up. Eating as healthy as we can manage. Try to cut out processed foods and sugary foods if you can, and alcohol. You’re liver and kidneys will thank you and recovery will go better. You are in a great position now to help boost your immune system before treatment starts. Food can be medicine now. If cutting things out feels too hard then start by adding stuff. Nuts, berries, eggs, greens and salads. Eat well, hydrate continously and move. When I was first diagnosed I marched my way through it all. Thousands of steps! It really helped me get out of my head and feel proactive. Even small walks on harder days make all the difference. If walking is difficult, any type of movement you can do, do it daily.
Sorry ive bombarded you with info there, ive got some steroids in me from treatment yesterday haha
This forum is a life line and there will be some threads for younger people in your position so have a little look around. Its a much safer place than Google here. Real stories and experiences.
Sending you lots of love and big hugs 
4 Likes
Thank you so much for your reply.
The information means a a lot
1 Like
Hey sorry you find yourself here! I’m 34, diagnosed last October with stage 1, 13mm IDC Her2 neg, hormone positive. I was told at diagnosis lumpectomy, radiotherapy and hormone therapy… Chemo unlikely but after pathology it came back borderlining a benefit so they sent it off to America for onco type testing and again was borderline for the benefit so I decided to go for chemo which I was petrified baout but to be honest I’ve kept busy, kept as normal as possible. I’ve only told a few immediate family members and one freind and nobody has a clue I’ve been diagnosed, had surgery and 4 sessions of chemo 
Chemo hasn’t been so bad, I’ve kept active, ate well most of the time and kept active doing 12-16k steps today, sometimes as many as 20k. I’ve kept working (physical job but my own business so not really the option to just stop!).
I never imagined something like this would happen to me despite it happening to so many other thousands of women in their 30’s. It was such a shock, the waiting is the worst but let all your thoughts out whether it’s speaking to family/friends/your medical team or a counsellor, cry, scream, be angry, stay in bed all day when you need to, be extra kind to yourself and then get back up again. You will find the strength to get through it, 7 months ago I never imagined I’d say this but life is mainly feeling quite back to normal for me other than appointments.
Sending you so much love xxxxxxxxx
1 Like
Hi,
Sorry to hear you are going through this. I’m 47, and that feels rubbish but yes, you are very young and it’s just horrid that you’re facing this. I know exactly how you feel. I found out last week. First consultant said lumpetomy and radiation and then it was all “you’ll get a little lift and your boobs will be much more comfortable”. I am size F currently. Second consultant said, lumpetomy, radiotherapy, chemo, second op to level up other boob, could be 12 months before treatment completed.
This has now taken over my life. It is so very hard. Early days for me but support on here and other sites is overwhelming. Take as much love and support and good advice re nutrition (thanks to the lady with the tips) as you possibly can.
The freezing eggs conversation is hard. I wasn’t there so cannot speak for them but perhaps that is just a belt and braces approach for younger women. Just to make sure you have those choices, as you should do. Sadly I am pass my child bearing years so they skipped that bit but I imagine it is something they offer. Hard to hear though.
The shock will settle and it all becomes normal I think. I know that all sounds rubbish and you want to just cry and scream though, sending you hugs xx
Hi All,
Just wanted to post an update, I am triple negative (grade 2, stage 2), turns out my tumour was 21mm with a suspicious node, not 17mm, so it put me in the threshold of needing immunotherapy. I’ve started with the 12 weekly carbo/taxol cycle (just started cycle 3 today!!) so 5 more sessions of that to go. I’ll then move onto EC for 4 sessions.
Immunotherapy has caused me more issues than not, I was only .1mm of being over the threshold of needing it, so it’s been stopped! Which im fine with as it was causing migraines and I ended up in hospital on high doses of steroids (the devil!).
It’s not been easy, I had a picc line inserted that never got used bc it caused palps and chest pain, so then had a chest port fitted, which was fantastic for the 2 weeks they could use it for. It’s now twisted and un-usable! They want to take it out and put another in but on the other side but this feels so incredibly pointless with me not really having many sessions left.
I got switched from Filgrastim to pegfilgrastim because the bone pain got so bad I ended up needing a stick and wheelchair! The Pegfilgrastim has been a life saver.
I am somewhat worried though, because I keep getting really bad pain every night when I lay down. This is in my pelvis, lower back and hips. It’s only if I lay down on the sofa or when I get into bed. It’s sooo painful, will last 15 mins then go. I know it could be bone marrow but it happens when I’ve not had Filgrastim for 3 weeks?? I missed 3 chemos due to hospital stays etc. and I’m genuinely concerned it’s in my bones.
Other than that, I’m still trying to work as much as I can but it’s hard. I’m struggling.
I hope everyone is ok and treatment is being kind to them.
Thank you for your comments. They did really help when I started this journey 


1 Like