New Girl

Hi new girl here again… have had this thread plus alone in the dark woods rec to me.i have such alot on my mind but right now all i can think of is tomorrow. whatever type of cancer i have i have it right now but just dont know yet what it is and this time tomorrow i will. i have never been so scared, this is my health which has never been an issue before and now it is its not just a cold, the op is just the beginning of the journey feel so alone

Silverhar xxx

Hi silvershar

Firstly, welcome to the forum, I hope you will find it a good source of information and support.

I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few days and weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

I’ve given here the link to our Resource Pack for those people newly diagnosed. The pack is essential for anyone with a primary diagnosis of breast cancer. Filled with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available.

breastcancercare.org.uk/heal … tionId/82/

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They’re on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 9 to 2pm Saturday.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes Sam, Facilitator

If you’ve never had trouble with your health before, then you probably have a good strong body which will help you get through the treatment. It’s natural to be scared, and it’s ok. We all know how you feel, because we’ve felt that way too.

Best wishes,

Cheryl

Hi silvershar,

No need to feel alone, there are plenty of us here to virtually hold your hand when needed, someone is always ‘listening’ on here, ready to help and advise, just keep posting, let your feelings out, we all know how you feel, the early days waiting are the pits.

Sending big hugs your way x

Hi Cheryl/or Mod,

Do you know how to post a link to the thread, standing alone in the dark woods for silvershar ? i was also trying to direct her to the younger woman starting treatment thread but am not sure how to do it.

hope you are ok.

Sarah.xxx

Silvershar, you can find “waiting outside the dark, dark woods” probably on the first page of Latest Posts, as it’s fairly active. Very silly in a lot of places, but active! Come and visit, whatever there results.

Thank you Cm :slight_smile: xxx

Hi,

This is the link to the thread mentioned above:-

breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29124&p=495811#p495811

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Silvershar
i am also a new girl, i got diagnosed 3 days ago and am finding it hard to come to terms with. i am only 17 years old which makes it harder. i joined today to talk to people that are going through the same as me. i wish you all the best!

ellie x

oh ellie welcome and sorry u are here,i send u love and support - please keep posting and phone the helpline its a great form of support and incentive xxxxx please feel free to pm at any time xxxxxxeveryone on here can help u thru the various stages xxxx