new lump just week before chemo

Im due to start chemo next week after having mx on left breast 2 tumours and pos nodes now i have found new lump in right breast im absoultey terrified i did have one lump bengin in april but even the oncoligist felt it today behind nipple i cant belieive this is happening how the hell they going to sort me now

Hi jinny2611

It sounds like you’re having really tough time at the moment. I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies to your post as yet, but hopefully someone will now see it.  In the meantime you are more than welcome to give the helpline a ring.  Here you can talk things through with some one who will offer you a listening ear aswell as emotional support and practical information. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9am until 5pm and Saturdays 10am to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Jinny

Sorry that you have a new worry. I understand the terror, I found a new lump just before my 5th chemo so my mind was racing thinking if it’s growing during chemo what on earth can they do. HOWEVER, after ultrasound and biopsy - which made me think it must be malignant - it turned out to be a cyst. I also found a lump in my leg which turned out to be a harmless lipoma but nevertheless scared the heck out of me at the time.

So, try to control the panic, there are lots of benign conditions that it could be. Plus, you’ve noticed it and are in the process of getting it checked and if it is a tumour then they can remove it and continue with follow up treatment. There’s lots they can do. And as Sam says, give the helpline a call. They’re amazingly good at calming you down because they have a lot of knowledge and understanding. I’ve called them myself and have felt so much better afterwards.

Sorry I didn’t see your thread till today, I didn’t check the Forum yesterday.

Sending you my best wishes.

X