New lumps after radiotherapy

I finished radiotherapy 3 months ago and I have a lot of scar tissue on that side. But I have just found a little lump directly under the nipple on the same side. Is it likely that this could be cancer again? I am hoping that it is not likely as I had radiotherapy to the whole breast and I take tamoxifen. I am getting it checked out but can’t stop thinking about it and wondered whether anyone out there might have had similar lumps appear that turned out to be ok?

Hi ThePianist

While you are waiting for your appointment it might help to give our Helpline a call for information and support.  The opening hours are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi yes I found a lump a couple of weeks after radiotherapy ended.I was scared but thought it unlikely it could return so soon.I rang Bcn and saw surgeon very quickly.I had ultrasound and told it was fat necrosis and would go down .it took a while but did go.that was 2years ago and all ok since.Hope you get reassured that all is ok with you.with best wishes Denise