Hi,
I am a new member recovering from surgery, I was diagnosed with DCIS in November 14, after being recalled after having a mammogram, I then had a sentinel node biopsy on 2nd December & a mastectomy with reconstruction 2 weeks later.
It all seems to have happened so fast & it’s hard to come to terms with things at first, both myself & husband never expected to be told I have cancer, but with the help & support of friends & family it got us through the difficult moments.
It’s 4 weeks since my op, I am slowly getting used to things & my new boob!

Hi KC

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  I’ve attached a link to the “Moving forward” section of the forum which I thought may be helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/moving-forward?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=moving_forward

You could also call our helpline for information and support.  Opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi KC. I am a new member too and was unsure about joining but on the advice of a friend i decided to give it a go. I also had a double mastectomy with reconstruction and as you say everything happens so quickly with weekly appointments to focus on and the looming surgery. Now i feel abit lost and keep thinking over things… too much probably lol. How are you feeling about your new boobs? Hope you are getiing on ok.

Diagnosed today. Actually yesterday as it is after midnight. No idea what sort I have, or treatment plan yet, Addenbrookes is my local hospital. Anyone else in a similar position???

Hi MrsBojangles and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sure your fellow users will understand just how you are feeling at the moment, along with the support here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk any concerns or queries through, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Here’s a link to further information and support in our ‘Just diagnosed’ pages which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi all - especially MrsBojangles,

I must admit I find the forum a little confusing with simialr threads popping up all over. I was diagnosed with DCIS last March - but surgery then revealed it was a little more than that. What I would say is trust your team, they want the best for you, and always take a trusted friend to your appointments. I tried to write closed (Yes / No) questions too - so that I could quickly jot the answer, before moving on. I found the staff allowed me the time I needed for all my questions & in my unit they ask if you want copies of all letters sent to the GP.  For me - most definately.

I have found recently a brilliant little booklet - it raises many issues, not all which I had, but like on the forum here, it was good to see anothers perspective who had been there, & had so much done too. The author is a clinical psychcologist & a lady who has had a breast cancer diagnosis. Cordelia Galgut: Emotional support through breast cancer.

Hi All my name is Mo i was diagnosed with breast cancer in february, had a lumpectamy on the 5th march and got my results yesterday i dont have to have chemo just radiotherapy and tablets for the next 5 years, my breast is still swollen and warm is this useuall or should i contact someone? 

Good evening all, I found a lump just over a week ago only tiny, I’m in to see the gp on Thurs,  I’m feeling quite scared to be honest and wondered what exactly will the doc do as u can’t physically see the lump. 

:womanhappy: Evening All :womanhappy:

I have just registered after a while away from the forums. I was last here a few years ago before the website and forum changes and am thrilled to see all the wonderful improvements.

I was a member of the _ Darling Buds of May Chemo group of 2012 _, now returning following a bit of a shock diagnosis of secondary BC liver mets a few weeks ago. Takes a while for these things to sink in, but I’m starting to get there now.

Anyway - I would like to extend my best wishes to all, and look forward to starting to participate in what I found to be a very positive and helpful environment before.

Take care and hugs to all,

Mrs_Merc

Hello,

not sure if I am replying to the right place. I just joined here tonight. Not sure how it works but it’s a relief to not feel on my lonesome :slight_smile: Was diagnosed with DCIS on Wednesday and am waiting for another biopsy to see how much they’ll take out I suppose. I was really strong and up-beat during the first few days, cracking jokes, comforting my friends - yes 1 of them will have to be re-christened water-works! That’s kind of wearing off now. Beginning to feel more vulnerable and tired of having to tell people as it makes it all the more real. Am a positive person but this is difficult stuff.

Anyway, glad to have found this.

xxxx 

Hi BotherWiBoobs and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you will find on the forums please feel free to call our helpliners for further practical and emotional support and information on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

I am posting a link to the just diagnosed area of the site where you will find information about DCIS and further support ideas which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/category/cancer-journey/just-diagnosed-primary-breast-cancer

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi I’ve just joined I have stage 3 TNBC and am terrified of what I have read on the net. I have had a lumpectomy with good margin clearance, 5 lymph nodes were affected but have all been removed, ct and bone scans were clear, having my 3rd fec Friday then 3 taxotere, then radiotherapy, xxx

Almax
It’s very scary was your lymph nodes involved and do u know the grade, I been petrified, xx