New mets to brain

Hi,
Anyone out there with bone mets followed by brain mets? I was diagnosed with mets to spine last January. Treatment on palbociclib was going really well but then in June this year I had to swap to abemaciclib because my neutrophil and haemoglobin levels were repeatedly low and I was having to have extra weeks off the treatment. This week I was diagnosed with bets to the brain. I can’t quite believe it because my scan last month showed the cancer to be in remission. Also I though er positive breast cancer was least likely to spread to the brain. Seing oncologist tomorrow for results of latest mri scan. To say I’m freaked out is an understatement.

9 Likes

Hi
What a shock to find that. I didn’t think it goes to the brain either. I have bone mets and treated with abemaciclib but not had a brain scan since initial diagnosis 10 years ago. The abemaciclib is wearing off for me now and I can’t take a higher doses as have a lot of trouble with mouth ulcers and mucous membrane issues.
I’m going on a trial soon and as part of that I’m having lots of tests and scans so no doubt there will be a brain scan. I’ll soon know what the state of affairs is with my body.
Lots of love to you

Hi - I just wondered how you got on a trial? was it through the Oncologist or did you have to find it?
Many thanks xx

It was from the oncologist in a discussion about treatment options.
My other options were chemo tabs or IV which I wasn’t keen on.

So sorry to hear you are facing this, I can understand how terrifying this must be. I hadn’t heard about it not spreading to the brain, so perhaps others could comment.
I just wanted to wish you love and caring thoughts whilst you go through this ordeal. X :heart: