New mole

I had Stage 2 ductal oestrogen + BC, lumpectomy and one node out in October, radiotherapy in Jan, all good signed off.
Did my breast check last night and putting bio oil on my breast scar when I noticed a new mole near my nipple. Not suspicious looking 3mm long. Should I be worried?
I’ve been discharged to PiFU and can contact the BC nurses with any worries,
Thanks
M

Hi romabe99
Oh bless you that’s tough, hopefully it’s absolutely nothing but if it was me I’d definitely ring my BCN and let them reassure me or help me check everything out.
No point you worrying about it all by yourself for the sake of picking up the phone lovely.
Sending you lots of positive thoughts xx

1 Like

Hello romabe99

Thank you for your email. It is good to read that you remain breast aware and continue to check your breasts regularly. This will help you understand what is normal for you after your breast cancer treatment.

As @tt59 suggests, you can contact your breast care nurse to discuss your worries. They may want to see you in the clinic to check the mole. .

After breast cancer treatment it is normal to be concerned about any new changes or other aches and pains, mostly this lessens as the time goes on. You may be interested in our Moving Forward resources that are for people who have had a diagnosis of primary breast cancer and have come to the end of their main hospital treatment within the last 2 years. They include our Moving Forward booklet and Moving Forward courses.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Angela

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back.