New patient

Hello I’m new here,
I was diagnosed with stage 3 invasive DCIS triple positive on 30/10/23. I had lumpectomy on 18/12, clear lymph nodes, I have been pretty obsessed with thoughts of cancer cells having escaped and trying to build another tumour, I don’t think these thoughts will go until I start chemo which is apparently going to be in the next couple of weeks, I’m still waiting for oncology appointment. I feel as though I’ve been through the mill, having had so many scans & biopsies after hotspots were found on my PET scan, eventually it turned out they were incidental finding’s fortunately. I’m not looking forward to chemo side effects but at the same time I just want to get it started and then finished. Best wishes to you all xx

8 Likes

It reads from your description that it’s IDC you’ve been diagnosed with and not DCIS. DCIS is stage 0 breast cancer. At any rate congratulations on your nodes! Triple positive has a fantastic prognosis now although the treatment can be long and arduous. But because of it’s success, you stand an excellent chance of never hearing the word breast cancer in relation to yourself ever again. Welcome to the club nobody wants to join but if you have any questions we’re here for you. We at least have great members :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes sorry my error, I had DCIS 5 years ago

2 Likes

Hi Annieb1

So sorry about your diagnosis, I was diagnosed in Nov 2023 with IDC and like you, had many scans. Am also waiting for chemo date. Original plan for me was lumpectomy and chemo, but pet scan found liver mets, so lumpectomy is not happening now, but chemo is, plus Herceptin and Perjeta for the HER2.
Am ready to tackle the chemo although also dreading it. Am rooting for all of us to feel better x

5 Likes

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, from what I’m seeing there are so many drugs now to keep us all going which is great news, I’m just so shocked at how common breast cancer seems to be but grateful to have a forum like this, I have great support at home but have found it quite lonely in my head sometimes. Thank you for your response and I wish you all the best x

4 Likes

I was diagnosed last October with triple negative breast cancer stage 3 I had chemo 1st did 8 cycle then surgery in June had 8 lymph nodes removed and radiotherapy in September all treatment finishes and cancer has gone thinking off you think positive x

5 Likes

Thank you, I’m definitely more positive than when I was first diagnosed. I wish you a long & happy healthy future x

2 Likes

If you ever want to ask anything feel free to message me I had the reconconction surgery where they tuck the fat from my tummy and put in my boob I don’t have a niple there they can tattoo one on but I said I would get a proper tatto over tbh I’m not to bothered about a nipple I’m glad to be here. I’m only 36 so it’s always a shock but more so when Ur younger. Wishing you all the best x

3 Likes

So bc already twice? I can imagine how you are feeling. I just wanted to say I wish you the best. As others have said, the good thing is that there are more treatments with better results.

I don’t live in the UK I find this to be a fabulous forum that even includes breast cancer nurses for general orientation. When I was diagnosed 3 years ago all the information I got was in Dutch and it was this page where I found the best information in English as in simple, clear words. :pray:t3:

I just wanted to say I wish you the best.:hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you. Yes I had a DCIS in 2018 and was having annual mammograms, October 2023 the mammogram picked up IDC, I couldn’t feel a lump and my surgeon struggled to find it, it was just above the previous one and 1.5cm. Thank goodness it was found in 23 because I’d have been back on 3 yearly mammograms, although I’d already decided I would pay privately for 2 years

2 Likes

Indeed! A friend of mine had told me she had been fine until her 5th yearly checkup so she was baffled when it came back again on the 7th year (not breast cancer on both occasions). It hit her harder emotionally. Thankfully she seems to be doing okay within the circumstances. The first time she didn’t need chemo and now she is under immunotherapy and, I think, a pill… not sure if it is a chemo pill. But, let’s remain positive and hope for the best for all of us and hope that a cure for all types of cancer can be discovered soon.:pray:t3:

1 Like

I had triple negative had chemo then surgery then radiotherapy finished in october , all clear now but every pain or twinge i feel i think its come back i dont think it ever leaves you , good luck with all your treatment annieb1​:pray::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes