New to this site and my mum may have Breast Cancer

Hello Spockette,
my names lucy,ive just been reading your posts, my mams been diognosed too,she had a mastectomy and we have just found out its spread to the lymph glands, she has just had her CT and bone scan and we get the results on wednesday. I just hate waiting for the results, you feel so helpless cos there is nothing you can do,ill be sitting thinking what can i do to help things but you just cant, its so depressing. i want to know the results but i also dont!im so scared. Ive been just trying to keep busy with mam to keep our minds off it…its so hard as you will know. My mam had a brain tumor in 2008(it wasnt cancer) she had an operation and it was removed sucessfully, but she had complications, she suffered a bleed,and a stroke we nearly lost her,she was in rehab for a year, she is in a wheelchair and cant speak or eat properly but she has been doing fantastic…she recovered really well and we all booked up to go on a cruise in May…and now this !its just not fair she has been through enough! i keep on telling myself, if she can fight a brain tumor, she can get through this! i would love to keep in touch with you for support. good luck with your mam. x x x

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your post and I am so sorry to hear about your mum. Its sounds like she has had a very hard time.

Waiting for the results is by far the hardest part. We have just found out that my mum has a little cancer that has spread in the bone in her spine. The oncologist has given her a treatment plan of chemo, then radiotherapy. You can read about it here:

breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/ibc-ladies–come-on-in-&-say-hi%C7%83-p412771.html#p412771

We will a bit more relieved now that we know what the course of action will be to try and kill these horrible monsters and you will too. I know you get the results today so I hope it was good news! Please let us know how it went.
It does get easier because I felt like you last week but this week I feel much better, optimistic and hopeful.

lots of love and hugs

Maz x

Hi, Just wanted to say your mum has lovely family that you have bothered to use this site.

If you have no experience of cancer just be aware that although many a side effect is shared by many the whole experience is a very personal one.

Remember too that with cancer although you have a treatment plan put in place that can change at anytime due to further test results etc this goes for the op may be postponed until after chemo, it may mean due to blood results chemo misses a week or a blood transfusion may be required.

Either way the best thing to do is go with the flow and be flexible.

I always feel that me having cancer I am able to deal with it but the family are the ones who watch and try to help but ultimately are helpless.

Best of luck to you, your family and your mum your on an emotional winner because you care.

xxx

Hi thanks for replying to my message, mams cancer hasnt spread, so she is due to have chemo asap, im relieved, she still has a long way to go but all that worrying has calmed down. The waiting is the hardest thing! mams so happy its nice to see her smiling again :), good luck with the treatment and ill keep in touch x x x