New to Zometa

Hi, I had my first dose of Zometa about 10 days ago. I had the usual flu type symptoms for a day or so, nothing that really worried me, but I’ve developed a terrible pain in my hip. My mets are in my spine that have been a little more sore, but again, nothing of concern. My hip hurts all the time and is sometimes worse when I’m lying in bed.

I wondered if joint pain like that was experienced by anyone else who’s taken Zometa.

Many thanks,
Annie x

Hi, I also find that I have hip pain and random bone pains after zometa. These seem to happen 2 to 3 weeks after my treatment too. However I am also on Aromasin which also causes joint and muscle pain so I am not sure what causes what!! Are you on hormone therapy at all?

Suzanne

Think it may be tumour flare - apparently you can get a worse pain as a reaction to the new drug. Then it settles down. I would say ring the onc unit and check with them to be on the safe side.

I’ve been on zometa for 3 yrs now and so far it’s keeping things stable for the most part.

Liz

Hi there,
Thank you for your posts. I’ve thought about it and I think its more of a soft tissue strain from my weakened side from my DIEP reconstruction. I started a new job a month ago and I am on my feet far more, I think it is more likely to be this and I am going to get some physio.
I’ll let you know how I geton with my second dose.

Many thanks,
Annie x