New "young" lady Normally sane Going insane ..!!

Hello
Diagnosed with Triple negative 9th May. Had WLE & SNB, waiting for pathology report
Normally very together calm & in control Feeling the exact opposite & not enjoying it
I know I’ll have chemotherapy & radiotherapy
Am 36 with two daughters a fiancé & a FT full on demanding job
New to forum
Staying clear of google.
Wondered if anyone out there similar to me…?
Just to chat

Hello Miss Maize

This must be very difficult time for you, I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon. 

You may also like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer practical information as well as emotional support. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open again on Monday and normal hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Hi MM

Not in the same boat myself but there is a triple neg area under recently diagnosed where you will find similar.

Hi MissMaze

Sounds like we were diaganosed on the same day,had the same op and are waiting on the same results.

It is a lot to take onboard, especially when you’re life is already so hectic. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get ‘good’ results. Any idea when you’re due to get them? I’m finding the waiting very frustrating. (I’m not a very patient person. :smileyfrustrated:)

Cath

I’ve just joined this forum, I was diagnosed with triple negative bc, aged 36 at a time in my life when I should be enjoying my new born.  I was diagnosed 36 weeks pregnant and then at 38 weeks pregnant was induced and now have a gorgeous baby girl called sienna jo. I’ve actually started my chemo, which should have been after surgery and radio, after having a number of tests which I couldnt have during my pregnancy they have found a suspicious mass in my lung so they started chemo as don’t want to run the risk of it being secondary and anything else spreading.  I have another scan end of the month and I’m petrified of them telling  me it is.  I’m so glad I’ve found tnbc people due to it being so rare.  I feel so lonely sometimes and want to talk to someone that understands what I’m going through.  

Hi Cath
Hope you’re doing ok… Have you got an appointment for your results yet?
I’ve not been on for a few days, trying to just forget & not be consumed by this rollercoaster.
I’ve had my results & great news no further surgery needed. Seeing oncologist on Thursday so hopefully more info & dates re treatment starting.
Big relief & feel very lucky. Also keen to keep the ball rolling so to speak & get started with treatment. The chemo bit is what I’m dreading at the moment - it just so unknown.
Hope you get some answers soon, keep in touch
Big gentle hug for you xx

Hi wigan78
In addition to the support here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you so please feel free to call to talk things through during this difficult time for you , lines are open during the week 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi miss maize, I too also have triple negative, undergoing chemo at the moment, then surgery, genetic test being done and also a question mark over whether its spread to the lung. Keep positive girl, I strongly believe if you have strength of mind you will beat this. I’ve just read a really good book which has most definately helped when I get my down days, it helps me to focus my negative thoughts to positive.  Very easy read, its called secrets by rhonda byrne, I’m not a big reader but found it quite inspiring and easy to read, give it a go it and see what you think.  Keep in touch and keep me posted.  Jo

Hi miss maize, I too also have triple negative, undergoing chemo at the moment, then surgery, genetic test being done and also a question mark over whether its spread to the lung. Keep positive girl, I strongly believe if you have strength of mind you will beat this. I’ve just read a really good book which has most definately helped when I get my down days, it helps me to focus my negative thoughts to positive.  Very easy read, its called secrets by rhonda byrne, I’m not a big reader but found it quite inspiring and easy to read, give it a go it and see what you think.  Keep in touch and keep me posted.  I’m also 36 and was diagnosed during pregnancy so not the ideal time.  Please stay away from google and survival rates, they were published in 2003 and old data, trust your oncologist and take their advise, I’ve embarked on chemo and can give you some pointers and learnings from my first experience, keep me posted and good luck. Jo