Newbie from Aberdare

Diagnosed today at llandough with lobular and ductal cancer, I’m 38 with 2 girls age 7 and 9
MRI on Monday to see how far it’s gone then decision on op on Friday
Long journey ahead so hoping to use this forum for advice a lot

Hi Booteeque

Welcome to the forums, I hope you will find it a great source of information and support.

I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few days and weeks can be difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

As well as the support you are receiving on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They’re on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Booteque.

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hope you’ve managed to get a treatment plan in place by now. I dip in and out of this forum and find it really helpful but if you would like to chat to younger women who are going through/have been through the same as you, you might like to take a look on Facebook at a younger women’s support group. If you search for Younger Breast Cancer Network you should find it. Lots of the women on there have young children and know how tough it can be ‘carrying’ on for them. There’s also a Welsh sub group! All the best. Ruth.xx