Newbie saying hello

Hi,

Firstly, can I say I’m glad that these forums are available, even if it’s a forum noone really wants to join.

Secondly about me.  I had my first mammogram last year having hit the big 50 and had a recal as there were abnormalities in both breasts.

First round of biopsies and the right breast was fine.  6 more biopsies later on the left breast and the upshot was that I had DCIS.

I had a mastectomy and reconstruction by LD flap on 12 February and I’m now at home recovering.

I’ve got a few questions about that but I’ll try and find the information by searching or starting a new thread.

So that’s me.

Jenny

Hi jennyt9164

Welcome to the forums, I’m sure you will find them to be a great source of support and information.  Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their experiences you might find it helpful to contact the BCC helpline.  Here you can talk through any questions or concerns you may have with a member of staff who will offer you do listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Hi Jenny

I hope your recovery is going well. I had a double mastectomy last October with immediate reconstruction, implants. I had 2 tumours in my right breast and had the other breast removed because of family history…3rd generation.

I had a mutitude of ups and downs and thought i was the only one feeling like this, but listening to others i realise I’m not.

I’m 50 this year and can’t wait

Take care and give yourself time,

Ditzy xx