NEWLY DIAGNOSED

Hi all, I have just been diagnosed with invasive Duct Carcinoma and I have triple negative cells.

I’m very scared cause I am having the extensive mammogram on the 8th of August. And scan of my underarms on Thursday the 11th.

Has anyone had this same experience and they have said to me the cancer I have is aggressive and they want to check if it has spread.

I feel very scared and keep breaking down in tears and I know I should be strong.

Please advise

Hey Resh,

I’m sorry you’ve not had a reply yet, there are plenty of ladies with Triple Negative results on here, I’ll find you a link to their page in a moment (they might not have seen your message on the Introduction section). It is ok to feel whatever you feel right now, nobody has to ‘be strong’, you can cry and feel scared - we’ve all been there. I will say this to you though, that once your treatment plan is put in place you do start to accept and move forward with more control. Everything is new for you now, and its a terrifically hard psychological place to be - every thought imaginable goes through your mind.

I didn’t have the same diagnosis as you, so don’t want to add anything about that specifically, but wanted you to know that you are far from alone - and will be far from alone during your treatment with all the support networks that you can access. x

Here we are, a special page on the forum where you can talk to others …

forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Triple-negative-and-inflammatory/bd-p/4453

Rush, so sorry you find yourself on here please do not Google tnbc, there are plenty of tnbc survivors living well, a good book that helped me was Surviving Triple Negative Breast Cancer by Patricia Prijatel. It’s not for everyone but it helped me. Also Robin Roberts and Joan lunden are tnbc survivors. Take it one day at a time, step by step it’s such a lot to process and you will find your way step by step and keep reaching out to bcn, do also use the ask the nurse facility and the someone like me facility you will be able to discuss everything that’s whizzing round you head a good story called mountain lion by strawberry blonde is in the coffee lounge section of the forum, it’s inspired lots of us over the years Breast Cancer Now is here for you and everyone on the forum is too as much or as little as you need, step by step a day at a time be gentle with yourself :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx