Newly Diagnosed

Hi very new here…I was diagnosed with BC on Tues 18TH oct & still in shock.I’m booked in for surgery on the 7th Nov & have chosen to have Wide local excision & theraputic mammoplasty also OSNA.I find it comforting to be able to look at things on this website & know i’m not alone.Any advice would be much appreciated.Thanks.

Hi Emotional,

I didn’t have the same procedures as you apart from the WLE and ended up having a further operation to lymph nodes and for skin sampling, I think the OSNA stops this 2nd operation occurring therefore if everything is done at once that can only be beneficial. I am sure someone will be along soon with much more knowledge, you are definitely not alone! Take care and hugs to you xx

Hi emotional

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it a great source of information and support.

I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few days and weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

I’ve given here the link to our Resource Pack for those people newly diagnosed. The pack is filled with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available.

breastcancercare.org.uk/heal … tionId/82/

As well as the support you receive from the other users, if you need additional infromation or further support do give the helpline a ring on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 9-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi emotional, i was diagnosed on the 19th October and have surgery booked for the 8th Nov. I’m not having the same procedures asou, i need chemo and rads after so my surgeon wants to delay reconstruction which is a shame as i’m sure i’m going to really struggle with looking ‘odd’. I have been through a whole range of emotions, from gut wrenching terror to calm acceptance and no two days are the same. This is the best place to come for advice, comfort etc. I’m sure it’s kept me sane in the wee small hours when my mind is in overdrive. The only advice i would offer is not to fight how you feel, cry if u want, shout, laugh, but be kind to ur self. do things u enjoy, it’s ok to forget about it for a moment, it will take over your life, but normal life also carries on so don’t miss out on the good bits worrying.
Keep in touch, take care,
Herbi x

Hi Herbi,thanx for getting in touch & your advice.Will be glad when my surgery is over & done with so I know for definate what other sort of treatment I have to face although they did mention Radiotherapy.Know I have a lot more to face yet & been told to take each day as it comes.Thanx again & take care.
Emotional.x