Newly diagnosed

Hi all - this may post twice so sorry!
Got diagnosed on 18 October. Massive massive shock. Waiting for the breast clinic appointment was the worst but thanks to this wonderful place it made it more bearable.
Had Mx last Monday and ANC - so very scared. Am ER+. Will be doing chemo and radiotherapy too.
Can’t imagine ever looking forward to anything ever again.
I am 46 married with 2 daughters.
Thanks
Sx

Hi saz2012

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I am hope you will find it a great source of information and support.

I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things. I’m sure some of the other users will be a long soon to support you and offer you their experiences.

In the mean time you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They’re on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Oh Bless You ,
You have coped with an awful lot so far so it is understandable you feel a bit shell shocked. You must give yourself time now to heal not just from the operation , but mentally as well. Tell yourself you have done so well so far because we try and be so brave for everyone else. How old are your daughters ? I am 48 in November and my daughter was 20 in September. She completely went to pieces at my dx as she imagined an awful lot and read too much online, but I couldnt stop her which was very difficult. However my mx was July 2010 followed by 6 cycles of FEC T Chemo . I did Cold cap so never lost my hair and we somehow all coped. We took one day at a time, tried to give ourselves treats and outings. We did more together as a family and friends took me out and kept me occupied.
Sending you big hugs and positive vibes for the healing process to begin quickly. Love Tracy xxx

Hi saz2012 well done for coping so far, you have been very brave! You have so much to look forwards too, you have had the operation and are on the mend and Christmas is around the corner and you will be healed and can look forwards to the preparations. last year Christmas was horrid, had my operation on dec 9th and then between Xmas and new year had the results of all of the tests, had oncologist appointment cancelled and the whole event was spoilt for all the family with my nightmare. Now 12 months on I am looking forwards to Christmas and determined to make it special for everyone who supported me. I found small things helped me to cope, a family birthday, watching a school play, a lunch with a friend, all planned in my glittery diary and crossed off as the events passed by. Please be reassured that you are still in the early days, shell shocked and fragile and its fine to be emotional. Like grief it will pass and you will come through much stronger. Check in every few weeks and let us know how you do xxx

Thinking of you and putting this to the top of the list for others to send you info and advice. Keep us informed on how you are feeling. One day very soon you will feel able to cope and look forward again, but at the moment just take your time !! Tracy xxx