Newly Inverted nipple and breast tenderness

Hi all, I’m 34 and recently noticed my right nipple tends to become inverted at times. More so if I raise my arm or when I have my bra on. I recently lost a lot of weight and initially put it down to that, but with it only being in 1 breast it got me worried slightly. I’ve been referred on to the breast clinic by the doctor but I’m a worried mess at the moment. I’ve done lots of googling, which I know is the worst thing to do, but I see a lot of breast cancer in young women tends to be more aggressive. I have 4 kids, youngest is only 1 and I’m beside myself with worry. Has anyone else had this and it wasn’t cancer? Has anyone had this as their first sign of cancer? I have myself already convinced it is cancer. Apologies for the dramatics but I’m so worried

2 Likes

Do not apologise at all, it’s good you are being vigilant and getting yourself checked with gp. Please keep off dr Google, it’ll send you to orbit. When is your appointment at the hospital you haven said? Do ring the number on here and speak to a nurse they will advise you what will happen at your referral :heart: do reach out on here, we’re all here so don’t think you are alone :two_women_holding_hands::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Hi shi,

Thank you for replying back. I was only with my doc on tuesday there, so still waiting for my appointment date. She said 2-3 weeks. Honestly the waiting and not knowing is worse than anything.

Xx

1 Like

You have been vigilant and gone to your gp and been referred so please don’t be hard on yourself :heart: and please do remember till a professional tells you, you have breast cancer, you do not have breast cancer. Please do ring the number on here if you can and speak to a nurse, and do reach out on here. Take it day by day, and do go back to your gp and let them know how worried you are, they could prescribe something to help in the meantime :heart: do try and keep off dr Google you will send yourself into orbit :heart: but think most of us did it during the waiting phase where you are now so we do all understand and if anyone who’s reading has been in lilyblooms place now and everything was fine (I know we’ve had lots on here who have kindly popped back on to say they’ve been fine after referral) please pop back on and share with lilybloom too :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Hi Shi,

I just wanted to pop on here and give an update for anyone who might come across this post who has a similar issue. Thank you so much for replying to me. I absolutely took your moto, that i dont have cancer until im diagnosed with it, to heart. I told myself that and stopped worrying so much, and the temporary relief was great.

Anyway, i had my appointment yesterday, rveryone was so lovely and helpful, the doctor told me both nipples actually looked to be inverting a bit, the right 1 just to a more extreme degree. However eith recently losing a lot of weight in a short space of time, he said it was most likely down to this. They did an ultrasound scan just to make doubly sure, but everything was clear thankfully. Just due to my rapid weight loss.

So thankyou so much for replying, as you gave me some much needed relief, and to anyone else who may be reading, please dont panic and absolutely dont google. I had myself diagnosed with the worst case scenario and it was all positive. Back in 2 months for a follow up to make sure everythings still ok but thats it.

Many thanks. X

3 Likes

Lilybloom :heart: wonderful news all ok for you, thank you for popping back on and updating everyone and for sharing with everyone your personal experience :heart: onc again well done you for being vigilant and getting yourself checked :+1: ensure you spread the word on checking and being vigilant :+1: :heart:so glad bcn was able to help you in any way :heart: that’s what bcn’s here for :two_women_holding_hands: a virtual hand hold a virtual hug a virtual ear and anything else we can try and help with :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx