Nipple removal surgery

Hello

I am having my nipple removed as I have an adenoma.

How much time off work is usually needed for this procedure and is the recovery generally painful?

Thank you.

Hi kat_ifas

Thanks for posting.

Most people recover well after breast surgery with few side effects. The most common after-effects can include some pain and discomfort, bruising and swelling. Your surgeon should explain what to expect and the likely recovery time. You will be given pain relief to help with any discomfort and it’s helpful to take this regularly particularly in the first few days after your operation. You should also be told how to care for the wound and who to contact if you are concerned.

Time needed off work after this procedure will vary depending on how quickly you recover, and what kind of work you do. Your surgeon should be able to give you advice about how long is necessary.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Carolyn

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.