Nipple sensitivity months after treatment

Hi, I was diagnosed last summer with 13mm IDC, had lumpectomy in July and radiotherapy in September and am now taking tamoxifen.

For the past few weeks I’ve been experiencing sensitivity in the top of my nipple. Just when something brushes against it. Sometimes it’s more sensitive than others, other times it seems to go.

I’m waiting for an appointment at the breast clinic to have this checked but I’ve got myself in such an anxious state over it, wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar.

I do have a necrosis, that is shrinking, nearish to it. That is a bit tender sometimes.

Dear am73,

Welcome to the forum, so sorry to read your are feeling anxious this is very normal after breast cancer, most of us feel the same the slightest little pain or ache and our brain works overtime. Unfortunately, a lot of us suffer with Breast pain after surgery.

Please you have contacted your breast cancer team to get checked, fingers crossed for a good outcome wishing you health and happiness going forward.

Come back and let us know how you’re getting on. We have all been there and now we’re here for you.

With the biggest hugs Tili :rainbow::pray::rainbow::pray:

Tiki, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my message!

I now have an appointment through to be checked out at the breast clinic.