Node Positive, now more surgery :(

Hello everyone this is my first post on this site just wondering if anyone out there has experienced what happening to me. I have been diagnosed with Grade 3 (not yet Staged) HER2 pos /ER pos breast cancer my lump was 2.2cm big. I had a Lumpectomy and Sentinal node removal as the Lymph nodes didnt look as if they were involved however had my results on Tuesday they told me that although there was clearence on the lump, the nodes contained cancer (dont know the size but was bigger than 4mm)

Im back in theater on Monday now for full node removal and have to wait another 2 weeks for the results followed by chemo herceptin rads and tamoxifen. I’m just wondering if anyone has been through this and what your results were and how are you doing now. Just wanna now the in’s and out’s of what I’m about to go through.

Thanks

Hello Bobbs

Welcome to the forums. I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis, the first few weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with your diagnosis and treatment.
As well as the support you will receive on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

You may also like to talk things through with one of the helpline staff, they are there to offer emotional support as well as provide information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi bobbs. I have only just got around to reading your post …How did your operation go? I get the results of my SLN biopsy this evening and I am really scared. Stay positive, big hugs.

Hello Cheryl op went ok im a little more sore this time and have still got a drain in which is a bit of a pest. I hopefully get the results on Tuesday as to whether this has spread to more than my sentinal node (hope not). How was your result hope it was ok it is a very scarey time isnt it.

Hi Bobbs

I have just read your post. Same thing happened to me. I had a mastectomy on 21 December 2006, and they removed 3 nodes for testing. Surgeon was sure the results would be that it hadnt travelled to any of the lymph nodes. When I went back for the results cancer was in 2. I had to go back to theatre to get all the lymph nodes removed. The results of that was no further spread. I underwent chemo and 5 years Tamoxifen. This year is my sixth year and all seems well.

Good luck and take care

Carolyn x

hi
i had a mx on 14th november and then a node clearance last wednesday had drain out today results next week scary

Hya Jenny
Had my results today 13 nodes removed all negative so turns out it was only in the one sentinal node. Still got a long way to go chemo, rads, Herceptin and tamoxiphen but feel much more positive im thinking now of myself as cancer free and the treatment is just a preventative. Hope your results were ok how are you doing im finding my arm movement is not very good and have a lot of nerve pain.

Sending you hugs

Bobbs xx

Thanks Carolyn went back today for my results they took 13 nodes and all were clear so have a meeting on Friday with the oncologists treatment plan in chemo,rads,Herceptin and Tamoxofen.

So glad your doing so well and thanks for the post its very encouraging.

Bobbs

Hi Bobbs, I am so pleased the rest of the nodes were clear and IHope that the soreness is starting to ease. My SLN was clear I am so thankful. I am now booked into hospital on the 11th January for a mastectomy and an immediate LD flap implant which I am terrified about. We seem to never stop worrying! You are right that you are now cancer free, celebrate and keep positive. Thinking of you and sending you big hugs.xxxxx

Jenny good luck with your results, fingers crossed for you. I know how anxious you feel. Xxx