Noticed a lump and waiting

Hi everyone,

I’ve been in limbo for several days now, and am terrified. I noticed a lump in my right breast, got it checked out by my GP and she referred me to the breast health clinic. I had a mammogram, and discussed the results today with the Dr. - they said they noticed calcifications around “something that is unclear” - the Dr. did feel the lump but it’s just not clear what it is on the mammogram. I will have an ultrasound tomorrow, which will determine what type of biopsy I will be getting (Ultrasound biopsy or Stereotactic biopsy). They talked about possible calcium clusters but again, it was very hard for me to process, and comprehend everything. I wish I’d asked more questions… I am 33, have a 17 month old and am terrified. Can it still be benign?
Any success stories…or words of encouragement? I can’t deal with the uncertainty.

I appreciate any comment. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Yes it can still be benign and the odds are in your favour due to your age . Often they are not 100 % sure what they are seeing without further tests . It means lots of anxious waiting but it’s better they look carefully rather than miss something that needs treating . You can have calcifications that are not cancer related .Lots of support here if you need it .

1 Like

I really appreciate you taking the time to write your comment, it’s encouraging :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you!!

1 Like

Good luck tomorrow , I hope you get good news .

Hi @sytna88,

Welcome to the forum, we hope you find it a helpful and comforting place. I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through, it sounds like a really worrying time and it’s no surprise you’re feeling anxious.

As you will have already seen by the other responses this is a very supportive place and we’ll be here for you whenever you need us, so please do continue to ask questions.

Please also know that our nurses are here for you any time, here on the forum on Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

Sending love,

Alice :heart: