November 2017 Chemo Starters

Bythesea, thinking of you ??

I will be a part of this group and look forward to supporting everyone and being supported by you as well. I am having my echo done this morning and port tomorrow. Then chemo class and off to the races. Very scared and feel trapped because the alternative is not an option. Blessings to everyone here on this path together.

Otter, good luck for your chemo tomorrow hope it goes ok for you and that the chemo treats you kindly! Remember to drink plenty and take meds as they tell you. I’ll be thinking of you. Sending you ??? hugs and sparkles ?:sparkles::star:?:sparkles::star:???

Hi ladies,
Choo choo!!!
Otter you’ll be fine tomorrow. The chemo was fine. Had a wobble when I sat in the chair as the nurse asked how I was doing and the waterworks turned on but I think that’s just coz I’ve been waiting on this day for weeks. Cold cap was fine too, no pain killers and it was fine just like a Scottish winter :0)
Feeling a bit sick now tho so just hoping the anti sickness does it’s thing.
Good luck tomorrow xxx

Well done Bythesea on your first chemo, take it easy and drink loads. Hope the side effects are minimal for you, rest up for a few days but hopefully you won’t feel too bad and will start to have some normal days again! Sending hugs ???:sparkles:???

Morning all

Lumpectomy and full node clearance done, chemo class for me on Friday with first session booked in for 10am Thursday 9th. 6 sessions planned - FEC-T for me alongside Bisphosophonates for 3 years.  I haven’t seen too much mentioned about the Bisphosophonates … anyone else on this regime?? Then 15 sessions of radiotherapy. 

Staging scans revealed a small lesion on my liver but not thought to be ‘sinister’, monitoring scan to be repeated after chemo.

Yesterday was 'hair cut ’ day - gone from just past shoulder to barely there!! But on the positive, I don’t really like the way it looks so I dont think I will be as upset when it starts to drop out! 

Off to Guys Genetics this morning as I am Triple Negative and they want to test for BRCA :smileysad:

So lots going on!!

If I’m being absolutely honest I am worried about following the thread, as has been said previously, most of the posts are when its not going great and there’s not that much positivity around…  it’s such a hard balance to achieve, no one wants to feel like pants and read that everyone else is just tickety-boo! 

Anyway ladies, we are all on this rollercoaster and getting off half way round isnt encouraged. 

With my glass half full of Prosecco I will be gripping onto the handrail and screaming my way thru the ups and downs … feel free to elbow me in the ribs if I’m being too loud!

lots of luck to us all … we can do this!!! 

Lesley xx

Hi everyone.
Just popped over from the October thread to say hi and good luck with your appointments. I am on 2nd FEC round now.
Lesley the posts can be about anything you want. It’s a great place to ask for advice, offer advice, and to have a rant when you are having one of those days. We all get them. If you go to the October thread and read the last few pages you’ll be in stitches at some of the stuff we talk about. Please feel free to post on the October thread if there is anything you think we may be able to help with and We’ll do our best.

Sending ??? hugs!
Cassie x

Good morning ladies, I am in the last carriage of the chemo train ? in the October thread and just thought I would pop in to say hello ? as I am not that far in front of you guys. I can see Meesh, Cassie and Jencat have already paid a visit ???

My first chemo session was Thursday 19 Oct and next cycle is 9 Nov so the same day as you Lesley. I am also TN and have my genetics appointment this Friday. Good luck today ??

Sorry you were delayed Otter but always best to be cautious - we have definitely learned that on our thread. Good luck today ??? Bytheses hope you are ok today after round 1.

I would only echo what the other lovely ladies from October have said - 1) you are not alone on this tough tough journey :heart:?:sparkles: 2) just post as often as you like but if you do need help just ask or come visit us in Oct or any of the other threads and we will all try to help out as much as we can.

Wishing everyone all the best of luck ???:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:???

Lesley62, please don’t worry about visiting the treatment threads. There are days when we wobble with anxiety but most of the time we discuss our side effects and give tips and support and are far more likely to wobble with laughter. This forum has saved my sanity…but maybe also confirmed that I’m a tiny bit bonkers in a good way too.
Best wishes for your treatment.
Hope it goes well today Otter65
How are you today Bythesea, hope the first night was kind xx

Hi November ladies, I’d just like to reassure you that some of us are lucky to get away with minimal side effects (I consider myself as one of those lucky ladies) :relaxed:  I’ve been working 2 out of the 3 weeks and could probably work on the other days but choose not to as I want give my body some healing time. We do try to be as positive as we can but this journey is still tough and we try to support one another as best we can. So post about what you like, I’ve found that humour really is the best medicine and the forum really helps you feel less alone! So good luck for your upcoming treatments and look after yourselves! :sparkles:?:sparkles::star::sparkles:???

Otter, I hope everything goes well for you today xx

Bythesea, how are you today?

Lesley - hi and welcome to the forumxx

October ladies - hello xxx it is soo kind of you that you come over here and check on us ?

It turned out my infection was quite bad, I spent the rest of the day in bed yesterday after lunch, don’t remember a lot … slept through the night but feel a bit better this morning. Off to have a big breakfast ?:coffee:

Have a good day eveybody xxx

Hello All, just joined this forum as I had first round of chemo yesterday…Fec-T, 6 rounds finishing Feb 14 :heart:
Hello to all and best of luck to everyone on those starting their journeys in November and also those who have already started.

Otter rest now. Drink plenty of wster. Eat little and often and take your meds just as they have told you to. Have sweets in to suck and ask your gp for difflam mouthwash. You will be great xx

Hi otter
That muggy feeling is normal and may last a few days. Just takes things steady for a while ?
If you need to phone the helpline, then do so. I always found them very kind.
Sue xx

Hi Sarah, well done on your first session! It is normal to feel fuzzy headed for a couple of days, just keep drinking loads and you’ll be fine. I usually take my temperature first thing in the morning before I get up as the leaflet that came with it said not to eat or drink or move about for 30 mins before taking your temperature (think it said to not even open your mouth) so I thought I had the most chance of doing none of these before I get up!

Have a well deserved rest now and just listen to what your body wants. Do try and eat as I find that this helps stave off the nausea. Sending ? ?? for your recovery.

Hi Sarah
I think Meesh has given you some very good advice xx

Hi MrSO
Welcome to the thread.
It’s such a difficult decision when they give you the option isn’t it? Far easier to be told what to do! When you meet the oncologist, they do tend to advise on the best treatment, so be guided by what they recommend.
Personally, I accept every treatment offered to me. I had to have chemo because my bc was grade 3. However I would have chosen it anyway.
You are very welcome to come here and chat whenever you like?
Sue xx

Hi Sue,
I feel ok today, thanks for asking, the multiple anti sickness tablets I think have helped. I had a lazy morning and took the dog for a walk.
I think an early night tonight will help.

hi Sarah - hope you are feeling ok and resting up 

Fmb, how are you?  how has your first week been?  You have a memorable finish date - not one you will forget in the future!

BRCA check up at Guy’s today was all very encouraging, the cons took as full a medical and family history as he could … I have cousins in Australia I have no idea about … and told me he thought my chances of having the BRCA were around 10%.  I should find out around treatment 3.

He did say that they screen for a panel of gene related anomolies but obviously BRCA was the main one of interest.

Chemo class tomorrow afternoon - it will be good to meet up with some of the people I will be spending the next 18 weeks with.

Positive thoughts, hugs and loves to you all

Lesley xx

Hello Gang, I had my first round of EC on the 1st Nov to start the fight against my 10cm grade 3 DCIS. Given zoladex at the same time. Used a cold cap which wasn’t as bad as I was expecting in terms of coldness but gave me a banging headache. Unexpectedly, I felt wretched sick before I even made it home, and had a rough night with nausea and night sweats. Nausea today a little better but headache and stomach ache constant. I wasn’t expecting anything for a few days after so I’m shocked I feel so bad!

I hope you’re all doing ok and I’m happy to have found you x