Number of bras!

Evening,
Was thinking (after 3 large rum and cokes) about the lighter side of this awful disease !!! If there is one :person_shrugging:
Thought I’d offer up a thread on how many bras I’ve purchased since surgery :rofl: feel I’m the women with a million bras/crop tops, non of which are comfortable :sob:
So far, 2 front fastening from Primark surgery range, 2 front fastening from H&M, 3 pack of very light bras from Tesco’s, 1 zip front from Sainsbury’s (my most comfy) and my most recent and most expensive !!! a soft non wired from Next.
Think that makes 9 !!! In the 4 weeks surgery. Feeling we could do with a bra swop shop :slightly_smiling_face:
Not meaning to sound facetious or demean the awfulness of what we’re all going through, but it does make me smile :blush: xxxx
Anyone bought more than 9 gets a smiley and a :heart: xxx

17 Likes

:rofl: I like this - I was the same . I wanted to be prepared and live to shop ( meant to write love to shop but I think I had it right the first time ) . It wasn’t the kind of shopping I would have liked to be doing but I made do .

By the time I’d had surgery I had a pack of 3 cheap crop tops from Amazon - I only ever wore the black one . 1 cami bra ( too big in the cup but have bought another in a smaller cup size ) an M+S non wired bra and an M+S sleep bra ( both ok) . 2 front fastening M+S bras- not pretty but very comfortable .
Also a Proskins sleep bra - not enough support but I wear it under another bra as it contains micro beads of things that are good for the skin. Or over an ordinary bra for extra coverage - maybe you’ll get use out of some of yours yet :wink:.

Give me a crisis and I will over prepare for it any way I can .

Joanne x

7 Likes

Hope you find something that works for you
.You might have guessed I like M-S . Nicola Jane are only online I think but seem to have a good selection though I don’t own any .

Joanne x

I’m only at 6 I think, need to do some more shopping lol
Xx

1 Like

I forgot 2 !!! Currently at 11 :rofl:

2 Likes

I too love to shop :heart_eyes:
Have to say it was the most depressing shopping trip I’d ever done !!!

2 Likes

I only have 2. A £30 one ordered from Amoena and the £10 zip front one from Sainsburys, which I find the most comfortable.
I keep looking at my former life bra draw and think maybe when/if I have reconstruction I’ll be able to wear them again.
In the meantime, I have a prosthetic appointment in a couple of weeks, so I am looking forward to shopping for a couple of nicer bras soon x

1 Like

I”m def with you on this - I was diagnosed in Feb and had a double mastectomy. had only just bought two lovely expensive bras but with one clean sweep, shoved them all in a bag and took them to my gym to the bra collection point (hopefully someone will love my 32 double Ds). I have found it very frustrating that no one makes a “sexy” but comfortable bra for “no titters” like me. Obvs, I don’t need any support and would like to buy low cut, lacy little numbers. I have resorted to buying the cheap packs of 3 heavily padded bras which I like the most as I don’t even bother to use my comfies in (not least because they don’t have pockets and would hate to embarrass “Brian” in Sainsbury’s “excuse me Madame but you’ve dropped your chicken fillet”. I think I have bought a total of 13 :scream:. If only I could be bothered, I’d would go to Dragons Den with my prototype of lacey bras for double mastectomites but in the meantime, I’ll keep to my cheapies. Good to have a laugh on hear, we all need it don’t we. Love and bras xx

2 Likes

I know !!! All of the post surgery bras are ghastly :sob:
Don’t understand why they can’t at least make a pretty colour or a bit of a print.
There’s a market for pretty super soft fabric post surgery bras.
I think I also didn’t want to spend much money on them, because I hated them and imagined it would be a temporary situation until I was back in my wired, push up, padded, embroidered frippery with matching knickers !!!
I wish :see_no_evil:

oMG ! I thought it was just me - I had bilateral surgery and have gone down loads of sizes . I realise I had a problem when I had to get rid of all my large underwired bras (30+) of them !! I have now 30 or so crop tops non wired bras , they are so much cheaper . My favourite are the crop comfort bras from George Asda . They wash really well and are so comfortable . I had a couple of zipped ones for the first couple of weeks but much prefer the pull on types .

2 Likes

Just actually seen some pretty ones on Nicola Jane … and there’s a sale on … Perhaps I shouldn’t have mentioned this :rofl: .

I’m not allowed to buy any as recently joined Vinted to sell stuff but so far all I’ve done is buy !

Xx

OMG, Vinted is super addictive !!! Always selling stuff and intending on only buying the amount I’ve sold :crazy_face: then buying more.
Although on a serious note really good good for breast cancer “accessories” picc line covers, hair wraps etc.
I think due to issues similar to the bra issue :rofl: we all buy far more or far too early for what we actually need or use.
I intend to put my huge post surgery bra collection on Vinted for a very low price in the hope it helps someone :heart:

2 Likes

I have 5 new front fastening bras. The M&S zippy one fit immediately post surgery when my operated boob was v swollen…but now looks rubbish. The other 4 are from Asda and have to say they are fab/although not v sexy and show if wearing anything lower cut/thin shoulders, lower back etc. I am trying not to buy anything else til post radiotherapy now as concerned my left boob will shrivel up to nothing and god knows what I will wear then :upside_down_face:

And I thought it was just me, so good to hear we are all doing similar. I’ve also bought lots of short sleeve shirts and baggy cardigans in case I have chemo :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::rofl::rofl:

God, if mine shrivels up with chemo they’ll be nothing left :sleepy: I opted for lumpectomy despite 2 TNBC in left breast. Dreading my results appointment on Wednesday. If the margins aren’t clear not sure there’s much more left to take. Makes me think if I need a wider excision might as well go for mastectomy :sleepy:

1 Like

Good luck for Wednesday, my Octotest results are they day too
:hugs::hugs:

Yes, I went through a fair number before finding the Asda George crop top comfort bras with removable pads (three in a pack). Can easily insert a softie behind one (or both) of the pads. I would say remove pads before washing and go up a size as they’re quite a snug fit. Medium is good for 34B. I bought the lacy post mastectomy bras from Asda to begin with and they were awful. Creasy/baggy/lumpy. Got rid of all of my old bras. No point taking up drawer space! x

Thank you, good luck for yours.
I’m desperate to know but dread it too.
Praying for clear margins and negative sentinel node biopsy :pray:
And also scared I won’t be offered chemo!!! Mad I know but the triple neg thing scares me too death and want to throw everything at it xx
Only ever want to have to do this once.

2 Likes

Lovely to read a wee light hearted post. I too spent a fortune on bras post surgery. Immediately after surgery I invested in Macom bras which were great then fitted at M &S for another batch of soft fit bras and non wired things. More recently and very comfy bought some soft non wired type things from Tesco. Might try Sainsburys after reading this post. I went from size 38 GG to 36 D x

I’ve got the macom ones they have been great very supportive and no worries on cup size
:hugs::hugs:

1 Like