omg that was the hardest thing ive ever had to do

Ok ive just sat my kids down and told them about my diagnosis and it was the hardest thing ive ever had to do, feel heartbroken that im putting them through this when they are so overjoyed with their new baby brother ?

Awwww, how old are your children? Mine are 12, 9 , 5 and 2 years and it broke my heart when I told them! My eldest was the worst as she understood more and as soon as I said cancer she thought I was going to die, the boys werent so bad but I didnt go into as much detail with them as I knew they wouldnt really understand as much…they all coped really well though and even my daughter, once I calmed her down and explained things to her she was much better. I told their schools also…just incase they did get upset at school or anything.
Cogratulations on the birth of your little boy, made me smile when I read it earlier. My youngest was 6 weeks early and weighed 4lb 7oz…he was so cute xx

Hi. I know how you feel I told my 3 youngest 2 days ago they are 9,7 and 5 but they have lots of new toys to take their minds off it. The hardest was telling my 14 year old boy and 12 year old girl. It broke my heart to see them upset because of me. Hopefully having a new baby brother will distract them and keep them happy. Take care.
Hayley

Oh lowfatlovett it’s so hard telling the children, my heart goes out to you. We tend to take it much harder than the children, they’re resilient and will bounce back. They just need to know mommy will be ok ( which you will be) and fight the fight.

Sending you big hugs XXX

Forgot to say congratulations on the birth such a happy story. Alao my hospital gave me a book called mummys lump it explains everything to them in a simple way xx

My kids are 16, 10, 5 and 1day, my 16 year old looked at me and said ‘but mum you’re not old enough to have cancer’, my 10 year old didn’t say much just went and sat on her dads knee and my 5 year old didnt really understand because he just asked if we could go swimming tomorrow x