On Letrozole and needing Bisphosphonates, anyone?

Hello, ladies.  

My recent DEXA scan has shown bone thinning, so my OC has recommended I take a weekly Bisphosphonate, to prevent it progressing to osteoporosis later on. 

I already have stomach ‘issues’ , and occasional bouts of nausea and dizziness with the Letrozole, and so am very concerned about starting the Bisphosphonates, as I have read on the NHS website that they can cause upset stomachs etc

I would be grateful if there is anyone on this forum who is also having to take preventative Bisphosphonate alongside Letrozole, and could tell me how you are finding it?

Many thanks.

Ihave  taken Letrozole and alendronic acid (bisphosphonate) for two years.

I have suffered from acid reflux for a number of years so was a bit apprehensive about  the biphosphonate. I have been prescribed Lanzeprazole which controls the acid reflux. I take the biphosphonate once a week and things are no worse on this day.

Hope you don’t have any problems.

I have taken Arimidex and weekly Alendronic Acid for the last 9 years. I haven’t had any problems at all, although I am very careful to follow the instructions to the letter i.e… take on an empty stomach with plenty of water and remain upright for at least 30 mins after taking it etc. After the first year my Dexa scan had improved by 4% and I’ve continued to have improvement in my spine but have had minimal loss in my left hip.