Oncology

Hi All

Does anyone know how long it takes to see an oncologist for the first time. It is an anxious time waiting to know when ongoing treatment will start?

Angie

I had to wait about 2 weeks for my first oncology appointment. I was in with the Onco about 15-20 minutes. Although I was in the waiting room for about the same time before I was actually called in.

Good luck 

poemsgalore xx

Hi
Thanks for your reply. A dexa scan is a bone density test as they have put me on Anastrozole. Saw oncologist just waiting for a planning appointment before I start radiotherapy.
Angie. X

My bcn made the appointment for me to see the oncologist the Monday after getting results from 3rd op on the Friday! I seem to be extremely lucky, there are no waits times, even seeing my surgeon I was given appointments no waiting at all. I saw onco on the Monday, had discussions etc gave me a week to think, then he booked me in then and there to come back the following Monday I could even chose time! For that next appt I was in there for nearly an hour!
I am now awaiting planning for radio, which I think will be a longer wait couple of weeks they said.
I think all these things are a postcode lottery :frowning: