Oncotype test for Premenopausal and node positive women

Are any of you ladies premenopausal and lymph node positive and had the Oncotype test?

I’m interesting in taking the test as my benefits of having chemo are borderline and unclear, but my Oncologist said the results are not so reliable for a node positive and premenopausal woman.

If you are premenopausal and are lymph node positive (probably only 1 or 2 nodes), would you mind sharing your score results and if you went on to have chemo please?

Hi CeliaRose,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you haven’t had any response yet. I am hoping my response will help our members to see your post and share their experience.

In the meantime, for any clinical questions, please remember that our breast care nurses are here and happy to talk things through.

Sending you our best wishes,

Zoe

Hi CeliaRose.

My oncoptype test was 19 and the oncologist told me there was no benefit in chemo. Had the number been 21 there would have been a small benefit, so it was close! I had micromets in 1 node. Hope this of some help and wishing you lots of luck.

Hi, I was pre menopausal when I was diagnosed at aged 45. My sentinel node was clear and my predict score showed no benefit for chemo but my oncologist organised the onco type score, feeling it would come back low she already started me on tamoxifen. It came back at 32 so a definite benefit in having chemo. I had 4 cycles of EC every 3 weeks . She was surprised by the score but still felt my biggest benefit in terms of treatment would be to hammer my oestrogen levels. So I am having zoladex injections and I’ve now changed from tamoxifen to Exemestane. I’d say it’s definitely worth doing the oncotype test , it adds that bit of extra info to your treatment plan , good luck xx