Oncotype testing

Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me anything on their experience of having the the oncotype test time frame their results
I have lobular grade 2 in left
And ductal grade 1 in right
Lymph glands normal
Bilateral masectomy on the 20 th December but will not see oncologist till 2nd week of Feb so basically it will of been 7 weeks of waiting :confused: I’m not any treatment ATM
Many thanks Sam

Hi Sammie,

I am currently in the waiting room waiting to get my oncotype results and meet oncology for the first time.

I had grade 1 lobular and IDC in left breast.

I had my surgery on December 13th. I had an appointment with consultant on 28th, had clear margins after my lumpectomy and no lymphnode involvement so had just been waiting on this result to determine treatment. They only sent the sample off after xmas. Ive been waiting 6 weeks since surgery for the oncotype so similar time frame. Think some othes had it back quicker, I was initially told 2 weeks but obv there are delays.

I am also yet to start treatment so hopefully all will be revealed soon. :sweat_smile:

Hopefully you get answers soon, I know the waiting is hard… feels like you are in limbo.

Good luck and hopefully least invasive treatment for us all.

Clare. Xx

Hi Clare
:pray::pray::pray::heart: Thankyou for those words of support weirdly I had a massive meltdown yesterday 1 st one since my diagnosis which was October
Please keep us updated on your appointment I’m seeing my consultant on the 5 th Feb but that’s to look at left as it is being a bit stubborn a little bit weepy but hopefully it has stopped and he will be doing the first fill and if I have to have chemo they have reassured me it will not affect ?

Good luck Clare

1 Like

Its only natural that it all catches up on you. I am the same, have mainly been fine but then have a moment of meltdown when least expected. All you can do is go with your feelings. I’ve a funny feeling i will fall apart at the end of all my treatment because i have mostly been ok… maybe it will all hit me then :pensive:

Anyway, good news is my oncotype score was only 5. So i dont need chemo…yay!! Raadiotherapy appointment next week and i have my prescription to start tamoxifen. So hopefully on the home stretch :pray:

Hoping you will get your results soon and alll will be straight forward … keep me posted…good luck…xxx

Thankyou Clare
Had to take myself off to bed at 8 last night as just could not stop crying I never thought it would grab me like this but it has and not sure what has sparked it off … I have woke this morning feeling pretty much the same :cry: so I’m going to have a pamper day

Excellent news about your results Clare praying my comes soon too
Shall keep here posted xxx

1 Like

Hi Sammie

Holding it all together can be mentally exhausting and sometimes it just creeps up on us and we have to let it go :cry:

My oncodx test took 3 weeks for me to get the results from consultant but only then was I referred to oncology which was another week where I met a radiologist. I’m now awaiting my planning appointment
and hopefully meet my actual dr as they weren’t available at my first oncology appointment this week.

I went to a look good feel better workshop yesterday with other ladies at various stages of this journey.

Enjoy your pamper today, be kind to yourself (I’ve got a blood test to look forward too) and take care

Jackie
Xx

Hi Jackie
My surgery was the 20 th Dec and they are expecting the results back 1 st week of Feb I guess I’ve just got to hold tight oh wow how was the workshop I’m hoping they do something like that near me soon xx

My first surgery was 11th October and 2nd surgery was 23rd November so I know all about the waiting.

The workshop was really nice, think everybody enjoyed it.

Xx