Oncotyping test for me

Hi all

I was called by my oncologist asking me for permission to send my sample away for an oncotyping test. I was recently diagnosed with 8mm stage 1 IDC grade 2 and 35mm DCIS. I had a lumpectomy and nodes were taken too.

Results were that nodes were clear and lumpectomy was 1mm of clear margin from the DCIS so I’m not sure if I need to go in for another op yet as my surgeon is on holiday and she needs to make that decision.

The weird thing is, I thought the criteria for the oncotyping test was stage 1, very small tumour, clear nodes ER+, HER2-. I have all except for my HER2 result so how are they doing this test if my result has not come back yet?

I’m a little suspicious because I’ve waited about 4 weeks for this result to come back and I really think it had already come back negative and they have sent it off again. Everytime I am they say it still hasnt come back. So how am I being put forward for the oncotyping test when if the HER2 is positive I will need chemo anyway to get Herceptin.

All very confusing and does not make any sense to me. I’m wondering why the HER2 test is taking so long.

Anyone else been put forward for the oncotyping test while not knowing what their HER2 result is?

Mandy Xxx

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for your questions, we can see why this can be confusing. You can get in touch with our nurses via our nurses section of our Forum or you can give them a call on our free helpline 0808 800 6000. They may be able to answer your questions more fully that way so that any confusion for yourself can be cleared up. It’s open 9am-4pm weekdays and 9am-1pm Saturdays.

Best wishes,

Laura