One year on

I have posted this for new user Theresa,
Katie, Moderator

Hi I’m new to this site.I have been reading about everyone and can relate to most of it.I am one year on today but am feeling really emotional!I have had a transflap op,6mth of chemo and now on herceptin and tamoxifin.I am coping with this alone apart from few loyal friends but just feel a little lost.Friends keep saying I should be celebrating today but they dont understand the next five years on drugs can feel like a uphill struggle.I have been very positive and worked full time all through chemo etc but today dont feel at best.
Theresa

Sending you a huge hug Theresa, there are some really lovely people here that will understand totally what you are saying. Hope your spirits lift again soon
Ruth

Hi Teresa

Welcome to the site. You will find a tremendous amount of support here and lots of ladies that have been through a similar experience to you and are still taking the drugs that will help support you and share their stories. I have only just been diagnosed in July with bc and then told 10 days later it had spread to my liver, so went straight onto chemo. Have had 1 session so far, but next one is on Wednesday. I am 39 with 2 children under 4, and it has been an emotional rollercoaster since July, but am doing OK most of the time.

You can rant, rave, scream, cry or whatever you like on this site, and there will ALWAYS be someone who will comfort you or try to help you. So come on as often as you feel necessary.

I don’t think anyone truly understands how any of us feel unless they have been through it. Please try to be strong, and I hope that you feel happier soon.

Take care
Love
Dawn
x

Hi Theresa

A big hug from me too, I remember my anniversary so well, I thought that I would be starting to feel much better, and I did for a while, then the body decided it had gone through enough and it needed more time, and I cried for most of the day!!. I am positive too, but didn’t work full time through my treatment so you really are amazing. Friends are great, but as you say don’t understand and don’t realise that the surgery may be over, and the treatment, but at times it feels like life is only just beginning to begin again.

I’m not going to tell you how you should feel, but just that like Ruth says other people do understand. This site doesn’t judge you if you’re feeling yucky, and tell you to cheer up, that will come when you’re ready. You’re doing brilliantly. It’s a struggle but you will get there and we’re here to struggle with you for as long as it takes.

Sleep well, and hope you feel better soon

TAY X