Oopherectomy - how much did it hurt?

Well ladies I am out of hospital - I had an open procedure and if I am honest it was not a doddle at all, I had an internal bleed and had to go back to surgery for a repair. Was on the morphine pump for 2 days then on Tramodol, still cant stand up straight without it feeling like my guts are trying to escape! I am very envious of those who had this done laparascopically!!!

Was very weepy the day after I guess due to drop in hormones but not too bad since, early days I guess :slight_smile:

Ruby.xx

Awwww Ruby

so sorry to hear you had an awful experience
 Keep up with the pain killers and hopefully your insides will start feeling better soon
 Big hugs xxxx

Hello Ruby

Sorry to hear that it was not so straightforward. Hope you feel less pain as each day goes by. Not surprising that you feel weepy, hormonal changes plus all the stresses of surgery add up.

I am due to have an ooph in April, waiting for a date, so have been reading this thread with interest.

C2010 x

Ruby,
Poor you, you must feel like someone has put a blender in your insides. Keep on taking the painkillers (have you been warned that Tramadol can bung you up? Might be an idea to keep an eye on that). Hope you are starting to feel better now,
Tracey x

Hi all, I am also out now, had mine done monday afternoon and came out today, Thurs morning. Whole lot gone, uterus cervix tubes and ovaries in open procedure, not really on pain relief now as the pain is really just along woundsite and only when I move so not sure it would help.The problem is moving really, Im ok when down and not too bad when up but the bit in between is murder!!The lady in the opposite bed had hers done vaginally and it was much better out a day earlier and no wound to worry about, but that said its not too bad and we all survive whatevers thrown at us dont we?

All the best Dafodil - get lots of rest, and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery x

Ruby, hope you are feeling a little better x

Well done Daffodil - I know what you mean about the moving around bit!

I am a lot better now and am off the painkillers, still feel a bit like my insides have been blended but then I guess they have in a way. No hormonal changes have been observed so far - how long does it take for all your oestrogen to depart - anyone know?

Ruby.xx

Mine has already been zapped by the Zoladex, which effectively removes all oestrogen in two weeks. I presume it is pretty much the same following surgery. After that, it is just what’s left in our fat and bones. I did not have any real increase in menopausal symptoms - but the second lot of chemo I had was Tax, and I had horrendous night sweats with that, so I don’t think there was much more oestrogen to go!
Glad you’re feeling a bit better Ruby,
X

yeah I have already had the Zoladex, the tamoxifen and the tax so maybe i have no oestrogen left anyway! If it doesn’t get any worse than this hormone wise then its pretty ok I would say - probably famous last words eh!

Ruby.x