Oral thrush - Candida. What next?

Anybody got any advice re oral thrush. My tonsils are coated and nothing tastes right. I have Corsidyl and Daktarin gel but how I’m supposed to get it on my tonsils is anyone’s guess. Is it the Chemo or is it the steroids after the brain radiotherapy?  Just one more thing making me thoroughly fed up. 

Lancashire lass if you are on chemo oral thrush will require antibiotics, fluconzole was what lots of us have had to clear it up. You must get in touch with your rapid response immediately. Please keep safe :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

Phone your GP ASAP. You need some help with oral thrush. I would also change toothpaste to tee tree as well as taking a teaspoon of high grade Manuka honey daily. Ann x

Hi all I just noticed I have oral thrush I had chemo on Thursday I’ve used mouthwash which I had from chemo nurses for ulcers do I need to ring emergency line

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Yes, please give them a call. You are always best erring on the safe side. Hope it’s all sorted easily.x

1 Like

Will do spoke to them got to go to my local walk in to be looked at

2 Likes

Km hope you are sorted you should get fluconzole for oral thrush better than the drops if you’ve been given them :crossed_fingers: :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Thanks I have been admitted into hospital with it

1 Like

Glad you are being treated, you have to be so vigilant on chemo, they’ve seen it all before and know what to do :+1: let us know how you get on :+1::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Well I spent 6 days in hospital and now have induced immune therapy hepatitis but will need to ring emergency line again shortly as now have had diarrhoea 9 times in 10 hours and lft levels were still high but their were happy for me to come home on oral steroids for 2 months but looks like I may be going back it’s so unfair