Paclitaxel and bone pain and muscle pain

Hi, 

Just had my second course of paclitaxel on Friday and am having really bad pain in my bone joints and muscles. I am on morphine but it doesn’t seem to be easing. Are there any suggestions what I could take or do to ease the pain.

Desparate,

Michelle x

1 Like

Hi Michelle,  so sorry you are suffering ,pain can make you feel totally desperate when nothing seems to ease it . Are you on long acting morphine ? You may be able to discuss another combination of drugs that help better with the deep bone pain .Do you have a named nurse you could contact about this tomorrow  to see what they recommend ? GPs can also be quite helpful with advice re pain options ( if you have a good one they will talk to you pretty quickly on the phone in your situation ) .Hope you get some relief soon xx

Hi Jill,

The bone pain lasted 24 hours but has eased quite a bit. I’ve still got some but nowhere near as bad. It’s happened twice, after each course of chemo. I’m on both long release and liquid morphine. As you suggest, I’m gonna ask either the GP or my breast nurse about a review of my pain relief. Thanks for replying. 
Michelle x

Hi, I was on taxol for 6 months and I also had the bone and joint pain. I mentioned the bone pain to the nurses and the suggested an antihistamine. It worked for me, the pain was very minimal for me after that. I took reactine the 24 hour pill every morning. Hope this works for you.